Forge FC Signs Midfielder Tristan Borges
Forge FC announced Thursday the club has signed central midfielder and Canadian youth international Tristan Borges.
"Tristan is a dynamic midfielder who brings an exciting dimension to our attack through his creativity, versatility and ability to attack the goal," said Bobby Smyrniotis, Technical Director and Head Coach of Forge FC. "This, coupled with his international experience for club and country, make him a valuable addition to our team."
Borges, 20, was a standout player at Dutch club SC Heerenveen from 2016 to 2018 where he last played for their Under-21 team in the Beloften Eredivisie. The Toronto, Ontario native has represented Canada at the youth international level, including at two major CONCACAF championship tournaments. In three appearances at the 2017 Men's Under-20 Championship in San Jose, Costa Rica, Borges registered one assist. He also posted one goal in six matches at the 2015 Men's Under-17 Championship in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.
Forge FC will kick off the inaugural CPL season in April 2019. For season ticket information, please visit www.forgefootball.club.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Premier League message board...
Canadian Premier League Stories from January 10, 2019
- HFX Wanderers Soccer Club Announce First International Player Signings - HFX Wanderers FC
- Forge FC Signs Midfielder Tristan Borges - Forge FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Forge FC Stories
- Forge FC to Host First Leg of 2019 CPL Finals on October 26 at Tim Hortons Field
- Forge FC Signs Midfielder Stoddart and Defender Oyegunle
- Forge FC Signs Goalkeeper Iacobellis to Developmental Contract
- 'I Belong Here': from Goalkeeper to Army Hopeful, Novak Now Calls Forge Home
- 'Make the Most of It': Forge Take Continental Defeat in Stride