Foreurs' Hoyt Suspended Indefinitely
October 12, 2019 - Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) News Release
Shawinigan, QC - Val-d'Or Foreurs forward Peyton Hoyt (#7) has been suspended indefinitely by the QMJHL's Director of Player Safety, Ãric Chouinard, for a hit from behind on Saint John Sea Dogs defenseman, Kale MacCullum (#21). The incident occurred during yesterday's game between Saint John and Val-d'Or.
The disciplinary process will follow the existing protocol. The Director of Player Safety will collect the testimonies of the on-ice officials, the players and the members of both organizations. He will then analyze the facts and review the clips with the Disciplinary Sanctions Committee before making a final decision. No timetable has been set at this moment.
The Director of Player Safety will not be available for comment during the process.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2019
- Eagles Clipped by Foreurs to Open Home Stand - Cape Breton Eagles
- Foreurs' Hoyt Suspended Indefinitely - QMJHL
- Islanders Look to Keep Hot Streak Going against Titan - Charlottetown Islanders
- Sea Dogs Give Thanks, Recognize Key Stakeholders - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.