Flying Tigers Starting Pitcher Matt Hall Named Pitcher of week
Lakeland, FL - Lakeland Flying Tigers starting pitcher Matt Hall has been named Florida State League (FSL) Pitcher of the Week. The FSL selection was for the period of June 26 - July 2.
Hall started one game on June 28 against the Daytona Tortugas at Radiology Associates Field at Jackie Robinson Ballpark in Daytona. He earned the victory after retiring the first 23 batters he faced and not allowing a baserunner until a single with two outs in the bottom of the 8th inning broke up the perfect game. Hall ended up firing 8.1 shutout innings while allowing only two hits and striking out eleven batters.
This is Hall's third professional season. He was selected by the Detroit Tigers in the sixth round of the June 2015 draft. Hall, 23, currently ranks as the #17 prospect in the Tigers organization by MLB.com.
The Flying Tigers are the Class A Advanced Affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. For more information please visit the Flying Tigers online at www.LakelandFlyingTigers.com or call (863) 686-8075.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from July 4, 2017
- Flying Tigers Starting Pitcher Matt Hall Named Pitcher of week - Lakeland Flying Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakeland Flying Tigers Stories
- Flying Tigers to Participate in Florida State League Scholarship Program
- Flying Tigers vs. Marauders Postponed Due to Rain
- Flying Tigers Return Home Monday for Seven-Game Homestand
- Lakeland Flying Tigers Roster Announced
- Flying Tigers 2018 Season Kicks off April 5 with Publix Ticket Offer and Fireworks