Flyers Recall G Brian Elliott from Phantoms
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Philadelphia Flyers have announced today that they have recalled goaltender Brian Elliott from his conditioning assignment with their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
Elliott, 33, has played in 14 games for the Philadelphia Flyers this season and holds a 6-7-0 record with a 2.59 goals against average and 0.911 save percentage. He was placed on injured reserve on November 15, 2018. Elliott is in his second season with Philadelphia and holds a 29-18-7 record with a 2.65 GAA and a 0.909 save percentage during 57 games with the Flyers. Elliott appeared in two games for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms during his conditioning assignment, going 1-1 with 3.47 GAA and 0.877 save percentage.
Drafted in the 9th round (#291) in the 2003 NHL Draft by the Ottawa Senators, Elliott made his NHL debut with Ottawa on October 10, 2007 against the Atlanta Thrashers and earned his first NHL victory saving 29/30 shots. Currently, in his 12th professional season, Elliott has played 428 NHL games in his career, spending time with the Ottawa Senators (2007-2011), Colorado Avalanche (2011), St. Louis Blues (2011-2016), Calgary Flames (2016-17) and Philadelphia Flyers (2017-2019). The 6-foot-2 netminder has amassed a 220-135-42 record with a 2.45 GAA and a 0.913 save percentage with 38 shutouts. Elliott won the William M. Jennings Trophy in 2011-12 given to the goaltenders for the team with the fewest goals scored against as a member of the St. Louis Blues. He is a two-time NHL All-Star, being named to the team in 2012 and 2015.
A native of Newmarket, Ontario, Elliott played four seasons for the University of Wisconsin prior to turning pro. Elliott totaled a 49-27-6 record. During his junior year, he was a Hobey Baker Award finalist and racked up a 25-5-3 record with a 1.55 GAA and a 0.938 save percentage as he led Wisconsin to the 2006 NCAA National Championship.
Season tickets offering a wide range of benefits as well as 21-Game and 13-Game plans are available by calling the Phantoms at 610-224-GOAL (4625).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2019
- Defenseman McArdle Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Chicago Acquires Former First-Rounder Holland for Raddysh - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 20 Report: Surging Hogs Win 8 of 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 19 - Manitoba Moose
- The Rocket this Week - Laval Rocket
- Reign Sign Cliff Watson to PTO - Ontario Reign
- Moose Games to Air on TSN2 - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Accepting Nominations for Grandparent of the Year - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackout Cancer Jersey Auction Raises Record Amount - Bakersfield Condors
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly: Streaking Bears Make History, Climb in Standings - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly â?? February 19, 2019 - Syracuse Crunch
- First-Place Griffins Finish Homestand, Travel to Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dal Colle Returned on Loan to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Weekly: Penguins Host Hershey and Rockford in Pair of Upcoming Home Games - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canucks Sign Goaltender Michael Leighton, Recall Ashton Sautner - Utica Comets
- Wolf Pack Release Derek Pratt from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Recall Adam Clendening, Assign Kole Sherwood to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Flyers Recall G Brian Elliott from Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Florida Panthers Loan G Sam Montembeault to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.