Florida Tropics SC Reach Agreement with Veteran Defender Phibo Arriaga
LAKELAND, Fla. - The Florida Tropics SC have announced the signing of defender Phibo Arriaga. Per team and league rules, no terms of the contract have been revealed.
Arriaga, a 5'-10" 170 lb. defender, is a veteran of more than two dozen Major Arena Soccer League games, including career-high 16-games last season with the Cedar Rapids Rampage, who earned a playoff spot.
He started his indoor career in the 2014-15 season with the Tacoma Stars when he appeared in five games, with a goal and an assist. In all, he has appeared in 26 games, scoring three goals and adding seven assists. He was an honorable mention ALL MASL pick for week 16 last season.
He most recently signed in the off season with the Orlando SeaWolves. With injuries depleting the Florida back line, the Tropics have given up 21 goals in their last two games, and are winless in their last four starts. Arriaga will help to strengthen and add veteran leadership to the Tropics defense as they look to snap the Clubs longest lasting losing streak in it's short history.
Despite that, they remain just two games behind the Kansas City Comets for second place in the MASL South Central Division. The top two teams in the division earn spots in the league playoffs.
The Tropics will be home to face the St. Louis Ambush Saturday at the RP Funding Center in Lakeland. Kickoff is at 7:05 p.m. For tickets to the special "Star Wars" themed night, visitwww.fltropics.com or call 863-204-0101.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 23, 2019
- Chiles & Escoto Named to MASL Team of the Week - San Diego Sockers
- Ambush Defender Dos Santos Named to MASL Team of the Week - St. Louis Ambush
- Comets Defender James Togbah Named to Team of the Week - Kansas City Comets
- MASL Names Team of the Week for Week Eight - MASL
- Ambush Make Two-Game Road Trip to Florida this Weekend - St. Louis Ambush
- Florida Tropics SC Reach Agreement with Veteran Defender Phibo Arriaga - Florida Tropics SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Diegues Nets Team Record Five as Tropics Roll Past Kansas City Comets, 12-8
- Slow Start Dooms Tropics in 6-3 Loss at Orlando; KC Visits for Sunday Matinee
- Last Three Tropics Home Games Will be Broadcast Live in National Markets
- Diegues Earns All MASL Honorable Mention for Record-Tying Game
- Diegues Nets Four But It's Not Enough as Tropics Fall to St. Louis, 7-6