Florida Blanks Colorado, 5-0 to Take 3-2 Series Lead
ESTERO, FL. - Martin Ouellette stopped all 24 shots thrown his way, while the Everblades netted five goals to defeat the Colorado Eagles, 5-0 in Game Five of the Kelly Cup Final on Saturday. The Colorado loss now gives Florida a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series. Joe Cannata suffered the loss in net for the Eagles, allowing five goals on 26 shots. Colorado finished the night going 0-for-3 on the power play, while the Everblades scored one goal on four chances on the man-advantage.
Florida would claim the early 1-0 advantage when forward Stephen MacAulay capped off a 3-on-1 rush when he fielded a cross slot pass and snapped it into the back of the net at the 11:41 mark of the period.
Less than three minutes later, Everblades forward Justin Kea would stuff a loose puck in the crease past Cannata to give Florida a 2-0 lead with 5:04 left in the opening frame.
Heading into the second period, Florida would stretch its lead further when forward Michael Kirkpatrick skated through the top of the left circle on the power play before snapping a wrister into the back of the net. The goal gave the Everblades a 3-0 advantage at the 7:39 mark of the period.
The third period would see forward Steven Lorentz collect a cross-slot pass in the right circle and snap a wrist shot past Cannata to give Florida a 4-0 lead at the 12:17 mark of the period. Just over three minutes later, and with the Everblades on the power play, defenseman Zack Kamrass would bury a shot through traffic from the blue line to solidify the 5-0 victory with 4:36 remaining in the contest.
The Kelly Cup Finals continue with Game Six on Wednesday, June 6th at 7:05pm MT at the Budweiser Events Center. Tickets for all home games in the Kelly Cup Final are sale now and can be purchased at the BEC box office, online at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling (970) 686-SHOT.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 2, 2018
- Everblades Take Series Lead with 5-0 Win in Game 5 - Florida Everblades
- Florida Blanks Colorado, 5-0 to Take 3-2 Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Young's Overtime Goal Evens Series in a 7-6 Game 4 Thriller - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- 2018 Kelly Cup Championship Party Set for Tuesday, June 12th
- Game Seven Watch Party Set for Budweiser Events Center
- Colorado's 4-2 Win Forces Decisive Game Seven
- Florida Blanks Colorado, 5-0 to Take 3-2 Series Lead
- Epic Rally Comes up Short in 7-6 OT Loss in Game Four