Fisher Cats Edged by Baysox Despite Strong Start from Josh DeGraaf
Manchester, N.H. - Jon Berti and Andrew Guillotte each had two hits, but the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays Double-A affiliate) fell 4-1 to the Bowie Baysox (Baltimore Orioles) on Saturday night at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
Bowie (28-30) started the game with three consecutive hits. Anderson Feliz and Anthony Santander reached on singles. Feliz scored on a double by Corban Joseph to make it 1-0. The Baysox tacked on a run with a sacrifice fly by Ryan Mountcastle to take a 2-0 lead.
New Hampshire (36-25) scored in the bottom of the fifth inning. Guillotte's two-out single was followed by a walk to Jonathan Davis and an RBI single by Berti.
The Baysox tacked on a couple of insurance runs in the top of the ninth inning. Santander and Joseph singled and moved up on a wild pitch. After an intentional walk to Mountcastle, Audry Perez knocked in a run with a sacrifice fly and Aderlin Rodriguez plated a run with a single to make it 4-1.
Josh DeGraaf (L, 1-3) took the loss for the Fisher Cats, but he settled down nicely after the slow start by allowing no runs on only one hit over his last five innings. He scattered four hits, walked one and struck out four. Zach Jackson added two perfect innings in relief.
Bowie starter Keegan Akin (W, 7-4) handcuffed the Fisher Cats for six innings, allowing one run on four hits, walking two and striking out six. Branden Kline kept the Fisher Cats off the board for the final three frames for his second save.
The teams meet one more time on Sunday at 1:35 p.m. Don't miss our last home game for nearly two weeks! Our friends at Spectrum Marketing have partnered with us to give away a poster featuring Bo Bichette, Cavan Biggio and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Kids can run the bases after the game thanks to the New Hampshire Liquor Commission, Division of Enforcement. For tickets and information, visit www.nhfishercats.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 9, 2018
- Reading Ends Erie's Streak with 8-5 Defeat - Erie SeaWolves
- Senators and Squirrels Exchange Wins in Twin Bill - Harrisburg Senators
- Squirrels & 'Sens Split Double Dip - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Third-Inning Rally Highlights Rout of Ponies - Trenton Thunder
- Fightins' early runs do the job in Erie - Reading Fightin Phils
- Mandy Gives Without Taking to Burn Ponies - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Portland Edges RubberDucks Late 3-2 - Akron RubberDucks
- Akin Strong as Baysox Top Cats, 4-1 - Bowie Baysox
- Fisher Cats Edged by Baysox Despite Strong Start from Josh DeGraaf - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Goats Go Yard Three Times to Beat Curve - Altoona Curve
- 'Dogs Rally Back in the Eighth, Beat Akron 3-2 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Lambert, Backed by Three Home Runs, Leads Yard Goats to 6-1 Victory in Altoona - Hartford Yard Goats
- Avelino Promoted to SWB - Trenton Thunder
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #61 - Rumble Ponies (33-27) at Thunder (35-24) - 7:00 Pm - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Game Notes vs. Reading - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Richmond - Game #59 & 60 - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 9th vs. Akron - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- Fisher Cats Unveil Bobblehead Set: Vlad Jr., Bo Bichette, and Cavan Biggio
- Fisher Cats Unveil "Gatos Feroces" Identity for Copa De La Diversion Initiative
- Fisher Cats to Host Pregame Women in Sports Panel on April 9
- Fisher Cats Start Construction on Spectacular New Video Board for 2019
- Star Wars Night Returns to New Hampshire on July 27