Firebirds' Tucker on St. Louis Blues Training Camp Roster
Flint, Mich. - Tyler Tucker is the second Flint Firebirds skater to be named to an NHL Training Camp roster, makingÂ Flint one of only two teams in the 60-team Canadian Hockey League (CHL) to provide more than one junior-eligible player to the planned continuation of the 2019-20 NHL season.
Tucker is amongÂ the 35 players on the St. Louis Blues Training Camp roster for the NHL's "Return to Play" plan, beginning Saturday, Aug. 1. St. Louis, the defending Stanley Cup champions had the best record in the Western Conference and second best in the NHL when the season was paused March 12 due to concerns surrounding the coronavirus.
Tucker was acquired by the Flint Firebirds in a trade with the Barrie Colts on Jan. 7, 2020 prior to signing a three-year NHL Entry Level Contract with St. Louis on Mar. 2. He recorded 56 points (17G, 39A) includingÂ 87 penalty minutes and a plus-11 rating in 55 games this season.Â Tucker set a franchise-record for most points by a Firebirds player in a single game (7) and best plus-minus rating in a single game (+8) in Flint's 12-7 victory over the Sarnia Sting on Feb. 17.
On July 10, following a 142-day pause, the National Hockey League announced that they will drop the puck with a five-game schedule of Stanley Cup QualifiersÂ beginning Saturday, Aug. 1. The sweeping agreements pave the way for the resumption of the 2019-20 NHL season toward the crowning of a Stanley Cup champion by early October. When competition resumes, there will be two hub cities, consisting of the 12 participating Eastern Conference teams playing in Toronto, Ont., while the 12 participating Western Conference teams will compete in Edmonton, Alta. The Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final will take place in Edmonton. Each team will be permitted to bring a maximum of 52 individuals into the Secure Zones in the hub cities, including a maximum of 31 players.
TheÂ Blues will face the Colorado Avalanche in their opening round-robin series, beginning on Aug. 2 in Edmonton.Â The last possible day of the Stanley Cup Final will be Oct. 4, with the 2020 NHL Draft slated for Oct. 9-10.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from July 16, 2020
- Firebirds' Tucker on St. Louis Blues Training Camp Roster - Flint Firebirds
- Petes Invite Fans to Take Part in NHL20 Fan Tournament - Peterborough Petes
- OHL Appoints Rico Phillips Director, Cultural Diversity and Inclusion - OHL
- Spirit's Millman Added to Canada's National Junior Team Summer Development Camp - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Firebirds Stories
- Firebirds Acquire Forward Sahil Panwar from London
- Caamano, Dellandrea with Firebirds Ties in Stanley Cup Final Bubble
- Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center to be Renamed
- Caamano, Dellandrea & Nedeljkvoic in NHL Hub Cities Competing for Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Firebirds' Tucker on St. Louis Blues Training Camp Roster