Firebirds' McCourt Signs with Toronto Marlies
Flint, Mich. - The Toronto Marlies,Â American Hockey League (AHL)Â affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs, have signed Flint Firebirds' defenseman Riley McCourt to a two year, one-way, AHL contract Thursday.
McCourt, 20, finished fifth among all OHL defenseman in points and alsoÂ finished third on the Firebirds roster in pointsÂ last season, recording 62 points (18G, 44A) in 63 games. He increased his point-production in each of his four seasons in the OHL andÂ currently leads the Firebirds franchiseÂ all-time recordsÂ among all defenseman in career goals (28), assists (79) and points (107) and leads the Firebirds' franchise among defenseman in goals (18), assists (44), and points (62) in a single season.
"It's an honor to be able to continueÂ my professional career with a team that's so close to my hometown," said McCourt. "The Firebirds organization has been nothing but a first-class experience from top down and I'm very thankful to the coaching staff, players and fans for getting me to this point."
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2020
- NHL Draft: Oksentyuk Picked by Dallas - Flint Firebirds
- Two Barrie Colts Drafted into NHL - Barrie Colts
- Firebirds' McCourt Signs with Toronto Marlies - Flint Firebirds
- Kitchener Rangers 2020 NHL Draft Recap - Kitchener Rangers
- Jackets Select Ole Bjorgvik-Holm 145th Overall - Mississauga Steelheads
- 31 OHL Players Selected in 2020 NHL Draft - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Firebirds Stories
- Caamano, Dellandrea Face Detroit Red Wings on FOX Sports Detroit Tuesday
- Othmann, Kressler & Kuzmin on NHL Central Scouting's 'Players to Watch' List
- Dellandrea Set to Make NHL Debut Tonight After Four Seasons in Flint
- Voice of Firebirds Hennig Tabbed by CCHA
- Voice of Firebirds Dominic Hennig Named Director of Strategic Communications & Brand Advancement of CCHA