Firebirds in 1st Place & Have Won 15 Straight
The Firebirds return home in first place in the West Division and on a franchise-best 15 game winning-streak to host the MidWest Division's second place Kitchener Rangers Saturday night. Flint will also look to extend their club-best home-ice winning streak to six-in-a-row. Puck drop is set for 7:00 p.m. (ET) at the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center in Flint.
The Firebirds are 2-0 vs. Kitchener this season. Saturday night marks the third of four regular-season meetings between these clubs this campaign, and the second of two in Flint. This season, Flint defeated the Rangers in Kitchener 4 - 3 in overtime on October 18, and then skated to a 5 - 3 victory on home ice on February 1.
Saturday is the Firebirds' 5th-annual United Auto Workers (UAW) / United Way Night! Fans can use promo code UAW on ticketmaster.com to have $5 from their tickets donated to the United Way of Genesee County. Also, take in two hockey games for the price of one as Team UAW will face-off vs. Team United Way in the annual 'Live United Game.' Doors open at 3:45 p.m., the game starts at 4 p.m. and fans must have a ticket to the following Firebirds' game at 7 p.m. to gain entrance into the 'Live United' game.
Single game tickets for all Firebirds games are $12 Bronze, $16 Silver, $20 Gold and $26 VIP seating (Seating Chart). All seats are reserved / assigned seating. Fans can purchase tickets by calling (810) 744-0580, in-person at the Dort Federal Event Center Box Office or online at ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2020
- Otters Roll 7-4 over Attack in First of Two in Owen Sound - Erie Otters
- Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Niagara IceDogs - Guelph Storm
- Firebirds Win-Streak Ends at 15 Games Saturday in Flint - Flint Firebirds
- Spitfires Fall to Barrie 5-3 - Windsor Spitfires
- Turnovers and Special Teams Cost Attack in 7-4 Loss to Otters - Owen Sound Attack
- Rangers Down the Firebirds 4-1 - Kitchener Rangers
- Stoney Creek's Stepien Shines For Generals In 5-2 Win Over Dogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Firebirds in 1st Place & Have Won 15 Straight - Flint Firebirds
- Late Surge Powers Storm Past Knights - London Knights
- Fronts Jump into a Playoff Spot with An OT Win over Oshawa - Kingston Frontenacs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.