Firebirds Host Owen Sound for Winning Wednesday/Senior Citizen Night
Flint, Mich. - With only three home games remaining this season, the Firebirds return to the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center to host the Owen Sound Attack this Wednesday, Mar. 6 at 7 p.m. (ET). Wednesday marks the final Winning Wednesday game of the season and the Firebirds' senior citizen night.
This week's 'Winning Wednesday' features $2 Beers, $2 Hot Dogs and $2 Pop Corn. Additionally, every fan in attendance will receive a 'Winning Scratch Card' with multiple different prizes including a grand prize winner. After six home Wednesday games this season, fans now have the chance to pick from a team-signed Firebirds' jersey, a night in a Firebirds' luxury suite next season, or a 20-game flex pack for next season. Already selected by fans this season were a 40-inch smart TV, an Xbox One and a Chromebook. Also, every time the Firebirds win at home on a Wednesday, each fan in attendance receives a free ticket to the next Wednesday home game. Since it is the Firebirds' last Wednesday home game, fans can redeem their ticket at the Dort Federal Event Center Box Office for the upcoming Saturday, Mar. 9 game.
Wednesday will also be Senior Citizen Night where fans that are the age of 55 and older receive a buy one ticket, get one free, with the purchase of a regular priced ticket.
Saturday, the Firebirds host the Windsor Spitfires at 7 p.m. (ET) for Overager Night, Whaley Night and Scout Night. The Firebirds' two "Overagers," Hakon Nilsen and Emanuel Vella will be honored prior to the game. In the OHL, an overager is a player that begins the season at 20 years of age. A team is only allowed to have three overage players on their roster after the trade deadline in January, which is their final allowed season in the OHL. Also, all scouts in attendance receive the Firebirds' official 'scout patch.'
In addition, the Firebirds are teaming up with the Whaley Children's Center (WCC) for a donation drive where fans can bring in five or more personal hygiene items to receive a complimentary Silver Level ticket, presented by Genesee Packaging, Inc. and Landaal Packaging and sponsored by Corrigan Moving Systems and Big John Steak & Onion. Proceeds from the Firebirds' gameday 50-50 raffle will be donated to WCC.
The Whaley Children's Center is a private agency that focuses on caring for children and families in crisis and has a great need for a variety of personal hygiene products including antibiotic cream, band-aids, chapstick, children's chewable Motrin/Tylenol/Pepto-Bismol, disposable cleaning wipes, ethnic hair care products, feminine hygiene products, first aid kits, hair brushes, heat packs, laundry soap & scent boosters, liquid body wash, lotion (hypoallergenic), Nair, paper towel, overnight pads, toilet paper, undergarments, twin XL bedding, etc.
Early bird ticket packages for the Flint Firebirds' 2019-20 OHL season are on sale now. A $50 deposit reserves your seat for next season! The special early bird price deadline is Tuesday, April 30th and fans can secure their seats for next season at the Dort Federal Event Center Box Office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday. For additional pricing and ticket information, fans can call the box office at (810) 744-0580 or email email@example.com.
Single game tickets for all Firebirds games are $12 / Bronze, $16 / Silver, $20 / Gold and $26 / VIP seating (Seating Chart). All seats are reserved / assigned seating. Fans can purchase tickets by calling (810) 744-0580, in-person at the Dort Federal Event Center Box Office or online at ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 5, 2019
- Storm's Nate Schnarr named CHL Player of the Week - OHL
- Key Matchups for Petes this Week - Peterborough Petes
- Petes to Host PS4 NHL 19 1v1 ESports Tournament - Peterborough Petes
- Jake Murray Earns Academic Player of the Month for February - Kingston Frontenacs
- OHL Announces Academic Players of the Month for February - OHL
- Athol Street Construction Begins - Oshawa Generals
- Knights Crowned Midwest Division Champs - London Knights
- Joe Tomato's Preview - Week 25 - Owen Sound Attack
- Firebirds Host Owen Sound for Winning Wednesday/Senior Citizen Night - Flint Firebirds
- IceDogs Games this Week - March 5th - 11th - Niagara IceDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Firebirds Stories
- Firebirds Select Forward Brennan Othmann Second-Overall in OHL Draft Saturday
- Firebirds to Pick 2nd-Overall in 2019 OHL Draft Saturday
- Arizona Coyotes Sign Busby to ATO with Tucson
- Nilsen Signs with Edmonton Oilers' Affiliate Wichita Thunder
- Dellandrea Called-Up to Dallas Stars' AHL Affiliate, Texas Stars