Firebirds Host Kitchener Saturday, Windsor Sunday in Flint
Flint, Mich. - After knocking off the number-one team in the 60-team CHL on home-ice last Saturday night, the Firebirds return back to the Dort Federal Event Center this coming Saturday, January 27^th and Sunday, January 28^th.
The Firebirds will face-off against the Kitchener Rangers at 7 p.m. Saturday for the third-annual "Firebirds Backpack Night." In partnership with the Foodbank of Eastern Michigan, there will be a silent auction for 24 authentic custom Firebirds' CCM player backpacks, which will be stitched with each Flint Firebirds player's number, last name and the Firebirds' logo. There will be a minimum cash value of $250 worth of donations inside each bag from local sponsors on the arena concourse and starting bids begin at $200. A donation of $100 can feed a child for an entire school year.
This Sunday is a "Firebirds Family 4 Pack" game when the Firebirds battle the Windsor Spitfires at 4 p.m. Sponsored by Dort Federal Credit Union, at every Sunday home game, the '4 pack' features 4 Silver Level reserved tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas, 2 game programs and 2 game pucks, a value of $120 for $76. Also, all Sunday's are 'Firebirds KIDS FREE days,' compliments of Aquafina: All kids 12-under will receive a free game ticket with adult purchase, valid for all price levels.
Sunday is also considered a 'double redemption' game for all season ticket holders and sponsors: If you've missed any games this season, you can redeem your unused season ticket(s) to get two tickets for every one season ticket presented at the Dort Federal Event Center box office.
Help the Firebirds Fight Hunger during January. Also in partnership with the Foodbank of Eastern Michigan, fans can bring in five non-perishable food items to any Firebirds' home game in the month of January to receive a complimentary Silver Level ticket, sponsored by Little Caesars and The View Newspaper Group, limit to four tickets per person.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 27, 2018
- Series of Unfortunate Events Downs Petes in Mississauga - Peterborough Petes
- 67's Break out for Five Goals, Fall 6-5 to North Bay - Ottawa 67's
- BULLDOGS HOLD ON FOR 4-3 WIN IN ERIE - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Dogs Complete 5-Goal Comeback to Win 6-5 over Sting in Pink in the Rink Game - Niagara IceDogs
- Firebirds Host Kitchener Saturday, Windsor Sunday in Flint - Flint Firebirds
- Offence Connects as Team Cherry Triumphs 7-4 in Guelph - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Firebirds Stories
- Garrett Rutledge Appointed Flint Firebirds Assistant Coach
- Oulahen Captures Gold with Canada at Hlinka Gretzky Cup
- Firebirds' Oulahen, Team Canada Face-Off vs. Team USA in Hlinka Gretzky Cup Semi-Finals Friday
- Darcy Findlay Appointed Flint Firebirds Associate Coach
- Firebirds Acquire Goaltender Vella from Mississauga