Firebirds' Dellandrea on Dallas Stars Training Camp Roster
Flint, Mich. - Flint Firebirds captain Ty DellandreaÂ is among the 35 players on the NHL's Dallas Stars' Training Camp roster, which opened Monday at the Stars' practice facility, Comerica Center in Frisco, Texas.
Dellandrea has played in four NHL preseason games with Dallas since 2018,Â having recordedÂ three shots on goal, 47 face-off draws, and 41 minutes of time-on-ice.
On July 10, following a 142-day pause, the National Hockey League announced that they will drop the puck with a five-game schedule of Stanley Cup QualifiersÂ beginning Saturday, Aug. 1. The sweeping agreements pave the way for the resumption of the 2019-20 NHL season toward the crowning of a Stanley Cup champion by early October. When competition resumes, there will be two hub cities, consisting of the 12 participating Eastern Conference teams playing in Toronto, Ont., while the 12 participating Western Conference teams will compete in Edmonton, Alta. The Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final will take place in Edmonton. Each team will be permitted to bring a maximum of 52 individuals into the Secure Zones in the hub cities, including a maximum of 31 players.
The Stars will face the Vegas Golden Knights in their opening round-robin series, beginning on Aug. 3 in Edmonton.Â The last possible day of the Stanley Cup Final will be Oct. 4, with the 2020 NHL Draft slated for Oct. 9-10.
After being selected fifth overall by Flint in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection, Dellandrea served as a key piece of the Firebirds' best season yet this campaign asÂ the club won 40 of their 63 games. Dellandrea recorded 70 points (32-38-70) over 47 contests, wrapping up his fourth season as the Firebirds' all-time leader in career goals (94), assists (122) and points (216). The 6-foot-1, 190-pound center won gold as part of Canada's National Junior Team in January and finished tied for first as the Western Conference's top face-off man in the 2019-20 OHL Coaches Poll. Dellandrea, who was chosen as Flint's most valuable player in both the 2018 and 2019 seasons,Â became the first Flint Firebird ever to beÂ selected in the first-round of an NHL Draft when he was tabbed by Dallas with the 13th overall pickÂ in 2018.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from July 14, 2020
- Firebirds' Dellandrea on Dallas Stars Training Camp Roster - Flint Firebirds
- Seven Rangers Alumni to Attend NHL Return to Play Training Camps - Kitchener Rangers
- 176 OHL Graduates Attending NHL Return to Play Training Camps - OHL
- 2020 NHL Draft Scheduled for October 9 & 10 - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Firebirds Stories
- Firebirds Acquire Forward Sahil Panwar from London
- Caamano, Dellandrea with Firebirds Ties in Stanley Cup Final Bubble
- Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center to be Renamed
- Caamano, Dellandrea & Nedeljkvoic in NHL Hub Cities Competing for Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Firebirds' Tucker on St. Louis Blues Training Camp Roster