Fire to Begin 24th MLS Season against New England Revolution at Soldier Field on Saturday
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC will begin its 24th MLS season on Saturday, April 17 against the New England Revolution at Soldier Field. The match, presented by Motorola, will begin at 7:30 p.m. CT and will be broadcast on WGN-TV, CFFC Live and Univision Radio Chicago.
Leading into the game, WGN-TV will exclusively air "Make No Little Plans: Chicago Fire FC 2021 Season Preview" at 7:00 p.m. CT. The all-access show will chronicle the Club's offseason moves, preseason training camp in Florida and the many storylines surrounding the Club as it begins its second season at Soldier Field.
The 2021 home opener will mark the first time the Club has hosted fans at a match since Sept. 29, 2019. Tickets for the game are currently on sale here. For more information and a full FAQ on fans attending Fire matches at Soldier Field this season, click here.
Saturday's game will be the 65th regular season meeting between the Fire and Revolution since 1998. Chicago currently leads the head-to-head series with a 27-23-14 record. In 2020, the Fire tallied a 0-1-1 record against New England, earning a hard-fought point on the road in a 1-1 draw on March 7, 2020 before narrowly falling 2-1 to New England at home on Sept. 6, 2020.
The Fire recently closed out its 2021 preseason slate against Vancouver Whitecaps FC on April 10, falling 3-2 at SeatGeek Stadium. Chicago posted a 3-2-1 record in six preseason games played, notching wins against NYCFC (2-1), Philadelphia Union (1-0) and Forward Madison FC (2-0). Additionally, the Fire saw nine different players score in preseason action (Robert BeriÄ x2, Francisco Calvo, Javier Casas Jr., Elliot Collier, PrzemysÅaw Frankowski, Brian Gutiérrez, Ãlvaro MedrÃ¡n, Boris SekuliÄ and Luka StojanoviÄ).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 11, 2021
- Fire to Begin 24th MLS Season against New England Revolution at Soldier Field on Saturday - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF Trades Dylan Nealis to Nashville SC - Inter Miami CF
- Rapids Top Phoenix in Preseason Finale - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Local Sports Stars, Including Robert Berić, "Join the TeamÃ¢ÂÂ to Encourage Vaccination
- Fire to Begin Two-Game Homestand at Soldier Field on Saturday against Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire FC Loan Andre Reynolds II to Memphis 901 FC
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 1-0 to D.C. United at Audi Field
- Fire to Travel to Washington, D.C. for Thursday Match Versus D.C. United at Audi Field