Fire Set for Road Game in Atlanta After Hosting Fans at Soldier Field in Home Opener on Saturday
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC will head to Georgia to face Atlanta United FC on Saturday, April 24, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match will begin at 7:00 p.m. CT and will be broadcast on WGN-TV, CFFC Live and Latino Mix 93.5 FM.
The Fire is coming off a 2-2 tie against the New England Revolution in a game that saw fans return to Soldier Field, as the Club hosted its first-ever season opener at Soldier Field. All four goals in the game were scored in the first half, with Robert Berić scoring in the fifth minute and Luka Stojanović, playing in his first match at Soldier Field after suffering an injury last season, scoring his first goal as a member of the Fire in the 11th minute.
Saturday's game will be the eighth regular season meeting between the Fire and Atlanta. In their previous encounter, the Fire received goals from Fabian Herbers and Berić, earning three points in a 2-0 win at Soldier Field on Sept. 27, 2020.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 18, 2021
- Andre Blake makes five saves, earns his 39th MLS career clean sheet - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes - LA Galaxy
- Fire Set for Road Game in Atlanta After Hosting Fans at Soldier Field in Home Opener on Saturday - Chicago Fire FC
- LA Galaxy to Kick off 2021 MLS Regular Season against Inter Miami CF Today - LA Galaxy
- 2021 Home Opener Is Officially Sold Out - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville Soccer Club Opens 2021 Major League Soccer Season with 2-2 Draw against FC Cincinnati - Nashville SC
- Sporting Earns 2-1 Comeback Win over New York - Sporting Kansas City
- FCC earn a point in MLS season opener for first time - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 2-0 to Philadelphia Union at Soldier Field
- Fire Return to Soldier Field to Host Philadelphia Union on Saturday
- Chicago Fire FC Drop 2-0 Result on the Road Versus New York Red Bulls
- Fire to Face New York Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena on Saturday
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 3-1 to Atlanta United FC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium