Fever Sweep Season Series against New York
BRADENTON, Fla. - The Indiana Fever defeated the New York Liberty, 85-75, on Thursday night. Indiana's win snapped an eight-game slide for the Fever and have now won seven of the last eight meetings against New York.
Candice Dupree led all scorers with 22 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Dupree's six rebounds puts her at 3,065 for her career and trails Tina Thompson's 3,070 rebounds for sixth all-time in WNBA history.
The Fever started the night 7-of-9 from the floor against the Liberty. After trailing 24-20 heading into the second quarter, Indiana began the quarter on a 13-4 run in the first 3:50 of the second quarter to take the lead back.
Teaira McCowan poured in all of her 14 points on a 6-of-6 clip from the floor in the first half off the bench to give Indiana a four-point lead heading into the locker room.
After the Fever tied the game up at 62 in the third quarter, Indiana was able to regain momentum in the final 10 minutes. The Fever began the fourth quarter on a 7-0 run and never surrendered the lead back to the Liberty. New York was held to only four points through the first 5:45 of the final quarter.
Kelsey Mitchell's 18 points was good for her 19th double-digit scoring effort this season, and also tallied four rebounds and four assists. Tiffany Mitchell provided a spark off the bench with 11 points and five rebounds.
Indiana kept New York out of the paint with nine blocked shots on Thursday night.
For New York, Paris Kea finished with a career-high 21 points on 8-of-18 shooting. For the ninth time this season, New York was held to less than seven made 3-point field goals as a team, despite leading the league in field goal attempts from beyond the arc.
The Fever close out the 2020 regular season on Saturday at 6 p.m. ET against the Minnesota Lynx. Saturday's game will be streamed on FeverBasketball.com, the Indiana Fever's Facebook page and via the Fever app.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 11, 2020
- Mercury Clinch Fifth Seed in 2020 WNBA Playoffs - Phoenix Mercury
- Postgame Notes - Atlanta 82, Connecticut 75 - Atlanta Dream
- Wings Bested by Sky 95-88 - Dallas Wings
- Aces Enter Final Weekend of Regular Season with Playoff Destiny Firmly in Their Grasp - Las Vegas Aces
- Fever Sweep Season Series against New York - Indiana Fever
- McCoughtry, McBride, Wilson Combine for 63 in Las Vegas' 104-89 Win over Minnesota - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Indiana Fever Complete Trades with Las Vegas and Minnesota
- ICRC Acknowledges 2021 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Indiana Holiday Award Recipients
- Tamika Catchings Honored as Torchbearer Award Recipient
- Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team
- Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team