Fever Re-Sign Small Forward Betnijah Laney
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Fever have re-signed three-year veteran small forward, Betnijah Laney, to a multi-year contract.
"We have come to rely on Laney for the intangibles she brings to our team, including her tenacious defense," said general manager and vice president of basketball operations Tamika Catchings. "We will continue to build our roster and having Betnijah as part of our core group is important to our success on the court."
Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Laney, a 6-0 guard from Rutgers University, signed with the Fever as a free agent February of 2019 and has quickly become a force for the team. Over her career she has averaged of 3.6 points, 2.6 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game. In the 2019 season with the Fever, she averaged 5.6 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.4 steals over 34 games.
The Fever open their 2020 season May 15 versus Atlanta at Butler University's Hinkle Fieldhouse.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 14, 2020
- Catchings Named Finalist for Naismith Hall of Fame - Indiana Fever
- Chicago Sky Acquire Azura Stevens, Trade Katie Lou Samuelson to Dallas Wings - Chicago Sky
- Fever Re-Sign Small Forward Betnijah Laney - Indiana Fever
- Wings Trade for Katie Lou Samuelson - Dallas Wings
- Brittney Griner Will Continue to Call the Valley Home - Phoenix Mercury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Catchings Named Finalist for Naismith Hall of Fame
- Fever Re-Sign Small Forward Betnijah Laney
- Fever Re-Sign Guard Tiffany Mitchell
- Indiana Fever Open 2020 WNBA Season May 15 at Hinkle Fieldhouse
- Indiana Fever's Natalie Achonwa Receives Seasonlong WNBA Community Assist Award Presented by State Farm