FC Tulsa Signs 2020 MLS SuperDraft Pick Daniel Gagliardi
TULSA - FC Tulsa has signed 2020 MLS SuperDraft pick Daniel Gagliardi to deepen its 2021 goalkeeping unit. Gagliardi, who spent last season with Fort Lauderdale CF of USL League One, was the 32nd overall pick by Vancouver Whitecaps out of Florida International University (FIU).
"Daniel is going to be a great addition to our team," said FC Tulsa head coach Michael Nsien. "Defenders want a strong reliable presence behind them, and Danny has good shot stopping ability, and good size to control his area. He will give players around him confidence to do their job. Daniel is also very composed on the ball as simple solutions in possession are important to the overall team management. We look forward to working with him."
Gagliardi spent five years with FIU, earning 33 appearances with 30 starts in net. He carried an overall collegiate record of 20W-5L-4D with the Panthers which led to being selected in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft. Choosing to sign with Fort Lauderdale prior to the 2020 campaign, Gagliardi made his first professional appearance with the club, starting the final match of the season.
"It's a great honor to get this opportunity to play for FC Tulsa," said Gagliardi. "I'm really excited to do everything that I can to help the team succeed. I just can't wait to get started."
The 23-year-old keeper grew up in Plantation, Fla. and developed with Plantation SC and Kendall SC. While in college he played in USL League Two for IMG Academy Bradenton, Monteverde Academy and Des Moines Menace. He also played for Storm FC of the National Premier Soccer League.
Gagliardi is the 14th player announced to FC Tulsa's 2021 roster. More roster announcements will be made over the coming weeks.
2021 FC Tulsa Roster
Goalkeepers: Daniel Gagliardi, Sean Lewis
Defense: Bradley Bourgeois, Kevin Garcia, Solomon Kwambe, Matt Sheldon
Midfielders: Eric Bird, Rodrigo da Costa, Lebo Moloto, Ciaran Winters
Forwards: Jerome Kiesewetter, JoaquÃn Rivas, Marlon Santos, DarÃo SuÃ¡rez
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 19, 2021
- Roots Sign South African Midfielder Lindo Mfeka - Oakland Roots
- USL Winter Summit Goes Virtual as League Executives Convene Online - USL
- New Mexico United & the Somos Unidos Foundation Announce First Academy Signing, Albuquerque Native Josh Baros - New Mexico United
- Legion FC Signs Forward JJ Williams - Birmingham Legion FC
- FC Tulsa Signs 2020 MLS SuperDraft Pick Daniel Gagliardi - FC Tulsa
- New Mexico United Forward David Estrada Continues Service to Community, Joins Somos Unidos Foundation - New Mexico United
- Loudoun United FC Re-Sign Trio for 2021 USL Championship Season - Loudoun United FC
- Dangerous Winger Christiano Francois Signs with Miami FC - Miami FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Tulsa Stories
- FC Tulsa Makes $25,000 Donation to Greenwood Rising to Promote Education About 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre
- FC Tulsa's Coaches Michael Nsien, Nemanja Vukovic Earn Upgraded Coaching Licenses
- FC Tulsa to Play April Preseason Friendly against Austin Bold FC
- FC Tulsa Teams up with Tulsa Police Dept. to Launch Project ENGAGE
- FC Tulsa Expands "Pathway to Pro" to All Local Youth Soccer Players