FC Tulsa Looking to Partner with Local Tulsa Artists for 'Art of Sport' Initiative
TULSA - With Tulsa moving into Phase 3 and continued discussions at the league level about a return to play in 2020, FC Tulsa is launching an opportunity for local artists to be featured when FC Tulsa matchdays return.
Dubbed the "Art of Sport," FC Tulsa is now accepting applications from local artists of all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and stories to design matchday posters for future home matches. This design will serve as the primary matchday look among match presentation on video boards and signage around ONEOK Field and on FC Tulsa's social media and website.
Beyond a matchday poster, artists will have the opportunity for their designs to expand into limited-edition print, merch, or art pieces. "Art of Sport" artists will retain 20% of the profit gained from their limited-edition item sold at the FC Tulsa Merch store. They will also have the option to sell their work at a table in the concourse at matches and to be the focus of an artist profile produced by the club.
"Tulsa is a city of art, from its residents to its buildings and landscape," said FC Tulsa's head of marketing & brand, Lucy Gonzalez. "We want to be a brand that represents the entire community of Tulsa and honors the artists in our city by showcasing their talents."
FC Tulsa will be accepting applications until July 1st for "Art of Sport" artists. To apply and see more details about the initiative, consult the call to artists.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 3, 2020
- Real Salt Lake, Utah Royals FC and Real Monarchs Players Announce Support for Salt Lake City School District Cultural Competency Program - Real Monarchs SLC
- North Carolina FC Signs Shane De Leon and Nicholas Holliday to Academy Contract - North Carolina FC
- FC Tulsa Looking to Partner with Local Tulsa Artists for 'Art of Sport' Initiative - FC Tulsa
- Hartford Athletic Announces Youth Soccer Platform - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Tulsa Stories
- FC Tulsa Unveils Full 2020 USL Championship Schedule
- FC Tulsa to Restart 2020 Season with Nationally Televised Rivalry Match
- FC Tulsa Placed in Group D for USL Championship Restart
- FC Tulsa 2020 New Regular Season Format and Competition Structure Announced
- USL Championship to Allow Each Team Five Substitutes Per Match