FC Kansas City Opening Tryouts Produce Quality Results
KANSAS CITY, MO - FC Kansas City is rapidly heading towards the opening of the new National Women's Soccer League on April 13th. Coach Vlatko Andonovski was looking for the players who could possibly fill the last few remaining holes on an already impressive roster. The team held open tryouts at UMKC's Durwood Stadium on Saturday and Sunday. Over 65 players braved the snow and cold weather in hopes of fulfilling their life-long dreams of playing professional soccer at the highest levels.
"It was a great two days of work and we had players from all over the country come in," said Andonovski. "We were pleasantly surprised at how much talent showed up. I look forward to seeing some of them come back for our (Invitational) Combine in a few weeks."
Andonovski and his technical staff are inviting 20-25 players for the Invitational Combine March 2nd and 3rd, including nine players from this weekend's Open Tryouts. The list of players invited from this weekend's event is:
F - Arrieta, Gisela
GK - Boyd, Colleen
F - Calderon, Ariana
D - Carter, Natalie
MF - Dreska, Molly
MF - French, Jamie
D - Norris, Natalie
F - Rodriguez, Andrea
MF - Strnadova, Vendula
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from February 17, 2013
- FC Kansas City Opening Tryouts Produce Quality Results - FC Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Kansas City Stories
- NWSL ANNOUNCES FC KANSAS CITY TO CEASE OPERATIONS
- FC Kansas City and Vlatko Andonovski Part Ways
- FC Kansas City Sends Two Players to Canada for International Friendlies
- BECKY SAUERBRUNN SET TO LEAD U.S. WOMEN'S NATIONAL TEAM AGAINST TEAM CANADA
- 2018 NWSL COLLEGE DRAFT TO BE HELD IN PHILADELPHIA ON January 18