FC Dallas Midfielder Bryan Acosta Underwent Successful Appendectomy
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas midfielder Bryan Acosta successfully underwent an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy Sunday afternoon at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Plano. The surgery was performed by Dr. Jeremy Carrasco. No timetable has been established regarding Acosta's return.
Acosta, 26, scored two goals and recorded one assist during the 2019 MLS regular season. He scored the game-tying goal for FC Dallas in his MLS playoff debut on Oct. 19 vs. Seattle Sounders to push FC Dallas to extratime.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 10, 2020
- Impact and Ignacio Piatti Agree to the Termination of His Contract - Montreal Impact
- This Week in Preseason: Week Four Preview - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: February 10, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution Open 2020 Preseason Schedule against LA Galaxy - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party at Tom's Watch Bar for February 29 Opening Match in Houston - LA Galaxy
- Atlanta United Signs Brad Guzan to Contract Extension - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs RSL Academy Forward Christopher Garcia - Real Salt Lake
- Nashville SC Earns Preseason Win with Four-Goal Performance vs. Louisville City FC - Nashville SC
- FC Dallas Midfielder Bryan Acosta Underwent Successful Appendectomy - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas to Broadcast Notable Matches in Club History
- Mexican National Team's 2020 U.S. Tour March Game in Arlington Cancelled
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season
- FC Dallas Statement on the Postponement of Seattle Sounders Match on March 21 in Seattle
- Professional Sports Leagues Temporarily Limit Locker Room Access to Players and Essential Staff