FC Dallas' Match against Vancouver Postponed
Frisco, TX - Major League Soccer announced today that FC Dallas' MLS is Back Tournament Group B match against the Vancouver Whitecaps has been postponed and will be played at a later date in the Group Stage presented by Heineken. The exact time and date will be announced in the near future.
Postponing the match allows both teams additional training days in Orlando prior to their first match. FC Dallas confirmed that members of its traveling party tested positive for COVID-19 upon arriving in Orlando for the MLS is Back Tournament. The entire FC Dallas delegation is currently quarantining in their rooms at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort in Orlando. Vancouver is currently scheduled to arrive in Orlando on July 6.
FC Dallas will now play its first match in the MLS is Back Tournament on Wednesday, July 15 against the Seattle Sounders at 8AM CT (ESPN, ESPN Deportes, 1270AM). It will be the first meeting between the two clubs since they met in one of the most thrilling matches in MLS Cup Playoffs history in Seattle last season.
FC Dallas is also scheduled to face the San Jose Earthquakes at 7PM CT on Monday, July 20 (TUDN, 1270AM, Twitter).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 4, 2020
- Toronto FC Travel Update - Toronto FC
- Supporters Send-Off Atlanta United as It Departs for MLS Is Back Tournament in Orlando - Atlanta United FC
- Julian Carranza Defeats Everton F.C.'s Richarlison in Inter Miami's Second International eFriendly - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Is Back Tournament Schedule Update - MLS
- FC Dallas' Match against Vancouver Postponed - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.