FC Cincinnati to Break Ground on West End Stadium December 18 in Public Ceremony
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati will formally break ground at its West End neighborhood stadium site with a public event at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 18. The West End community and the general public are invited to participate in the landmark event. The event will be staged rain or shine.
Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber will return to the Queen City for the special event, and will be joined by FC Cincinnati managing owner Carl H. Lindner III, FCC President and General Manager Jeff Berding and City of Cincinnati Major John Cranley, among other community and municipal leaders.
The public is invited to participate in this event and should enter the former Stargel Stadium site via the marked entrances off Central Ave., near the rear of Taft High School and West 15th St.
The first 2,000 attendees will be given a commemorative shovel upon entering the site. After a short speaking program - which will include Garber, Lindner, Berding and Cranley, among many others - everyone in attendance will be signaled to conduct the ceremonial groundbreaking together as a community.
The ceremony signifies the start of formal construction at the club's future MLS stadium location, which is expected to be completed by March 2021 and open with the start of the season.
Gates will open at the site at 3 p.m., with food trucks and local entertainment onsite until the ceremony begins at 4 p.m. Participants and attendees are asked to park in garages close by, and refrain from parking along residential streets in the West End. Nearby garage options include:
Washington Park Garage (entrances on Elm and Race Sts.)
Town Center Garage (1286 Central Ave.)
For more information about FC Cincinnati's West End Stadium - including an opportunity to pre-register for the groundbreaking event - please visit fccincinnati.com/west-end-stadium.
The next time Cincinnati takes the field, it will be as MLS' 24th team in 2019 when the club debuts in the top professional league in the U.S. and Canada. Season tickets for the 2019 season are now on sale at fccincinnati.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 7, 2018
- Schweinsteiger, Nikolic Announced as 2018 Club Award Winners - Chicago Fire
- Whitecaps FC Announce First-Team Coaching Staff Under Head Coach Marc Dos Santos - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Minnesota United Announce Forward Madison FC as USL Affiliate - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati to Break Ground on West End Stadium December 18 in Public Ceremony - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Lamah's late goal equalizes as Orange and Blue stay atop Carolina Challenge Cup standings
- FC Cincinnati to Face Bearcats in Preseason Friendly
- Adi, Mattocks record goals in FCC's first match of Carolina Challenge Cup
- FC Cincinnati Loan Logan Gdula to Phoenix Rising FC
- FC Cincinnati Loans Tommy McCabe to North Carolina FC