FC Cincinnati Begins Demolition in Preparation for $300 Million Mixed-Use District North of TQL StadiumÃÂ
February 8, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - FC Cincinnati News Release
Demolition is underway for phase one of a $300 million, 8.5 acre best-in-class mixed use district north of TQL Stadium. The district will include a hotel, apartments, office space, retail, restaurants, and a privately owned public green space. Located in the West End, adjacent to Over-the-Rhine and near Downtown, the district will be at the heart of Cincinnati.
The district is inspired by best-in-class mixed use districts adjacent to other major leagues sports stadiums across the U.S. including:
Gallagher Way at Wrigleyville in Chicago
The Wharf between Washington National Ballpark and Audi Field in Washington, DC
Titletown at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin
"We intend to make Cincinnati a championship city beyond the soccer season. The district will create a community hub at the front steps of our home field, rooted in history and legacy, that aesthetically inspires and emotionally unites our city with a vision for the future. This holds true to our core values and culture as a team," said Jeff Berding, co-CEO of FC Cincinnati.
Phase one demolition will include three buildings located south of Liberty Street between Central Parkway, Central Avenue and Wade Street. O'Rourke, a market leader in this type of demolition and a certified Women's Business Enterprise, will take the buildings down to grade level. The perimeter of the site is fenced for safety. Demolition is expected to be completed this summer.
"As a community, we are excited about this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make transformational improvements to the West End," said Chris Griffin, President, West End Community Council.
"FC Cincinnati will serve as Master Developer and Master Mixed-Use Operations Manager for the district and engage experienced third-party professional consultants to assist in executing the Master Development Plan," said Chad Munitz, Chief Development Officer, "We believe this is a seven to eight year development. We started demolition today with the first buildings complete by the end of 2025."
In 2022, FC Cincinnati announced The Compendium will develop the hotel. "Today marks a bold step forward for FC Cincinnati and The Compendium's inaugural hotel," said Josh Heuser, founder of The Compendium. "We are looking forward to creating unforgettable memories for our guests through elevated design experiences and a superior level of service across our hotel, hospitality, entertainment, and retail spaces."
Marquee Development is serving as the initial Master Development Consultant. Marquee is a real estate developer with professional sports experience and has developed urban sites adjacent to sports stadiums including Gallagher Way in Wrigleyville and the North Loop Green adjacent to the Minnesota Twins Stadium. Government Strategies Group will manage government and community relations. An Architect and Construction Management Company will be engaged soon.
J.S. Held will serve as the owners' representative. J.S. Held is a global consulting firm with expertise in construction consulting and Owner's Representation. J.S. Held has been providing services in Cincinnati since 1993 to some of the region's most complex and impactful developments. "We are proud to continue to support FC Cincinnati's growing footprint in the West End and on the national stage," Senior Vice President Michael Collins said. "We are eager to further the vision of FC Cincinnati and develop a world-class mixed-use district in the West End."
FC Cincinnati set record inclusion rates in the construction of TQL stadium. FC Cincinnati owners expect the same standard with the construction of this development. FC Cincinnati has pledged to meet or exceed the city and Port's inclusion goals for construction of this project.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 8, 2023
- Dájome Grabs Brace as 'Caps Claim 3-0 Victory Over Toronto FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Quakes to Raise Funds for Turkey-Syria Earthquake Relief - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Earn 4-1 Win over St. Louis CITY SC at 2023 Coachella Valley Invitational on Wednesday Afternoon - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes to Host 2023 Season Hype Party at Blanco Urban Venue in Downtown San Jose on March 2 - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Cincinnati Begins Demolition in Preparation for $300 Million Mixed-Use District North of TQL StadiumÃÂ - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union and Abasa Aremeyaw Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract - Philadelphia Union
- CF Montréal Concludes New Radio Broadcasting Deal with BPM Sports - Club de Foot Montreal
- Harrison Robledo Joins Indy Eleven on Loan - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Signs Forward Giorgos Giakoumakis - Atlanta United FC
- 2023 Sounders FC-OL Reign Doubleheader Taking Place June 3 with Both Teams Facing Archrival Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- PayPal Park to Host Chivas de Guadalajara vs. Club Pachuca on March 22 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Toronto FC Transfer Jayden Nelson to Rosenborg BK - Toronto FC
- Major League Soccer Launches "Our Soccer" Campaign for 2023 Season - MLS
- Orlando City Broadcasters Miguel Gallardo and Sergio Ruiz Torres Join the Apple TV MLS Season Pass Crew - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC to Host Season Kickoff Watch Party on February 25 - Sporting Kansas City
- Apple and Major League Soccer Name 31 Accomplished On-Air Personalities to the MLS Season Pass Team - MLS
- U.S. Soccer Selects City of Orlando to Host USA-El Salvador for Concacaf Nations League Group D Finale on March 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET - Orlando City SC
- Minnesota United Sign Defender Miguel Tapias - Minnesota United FC
- 25 Revolution Academy Players Invited to United States Soccer Talent Identification Center - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew Signs Defender Philip Quinton to First Team Contract - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Foundation's West End Pride Program Kicks off Its Ninth Season
- Matchday Guide: FC Cincinnati vs. Inter Miami CF
- Ordoñez Named MLS NEXT Pro Player of the Matchday
- Unleashed in Nashville, Vazquez Looks to Continue Strong History against Miami
- FC Cincinnati Host Breaking Barriers, Presented by Procter & Gamble Brands Always and Secret