Fayetteville Marksmen Clinch SPHL Playoff Spot, Final Home Game this Friday
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - For the first time in team history, the Fayetteville Marksmen professional hockey club of the Southern Professional Hockey League have punched their ticket to the President's Cup playoffs.
The clinching moment occurred after Friday night's 5-3 victory over the Quad City Storm. The Fayetteville hockey franchise had not been to the post-season since the 2017 Fireantz. The franchise has won the league title once in their history, dating back to the first year of the SPHL in 2004. Their championship came in the 2006-2007 season, and have looked to return the President's Cup to Fayetteville since.
Currently sitting in Fifth Place (56 Points), the Marksmen have a crucial finish to the regular season as they look to claim a top four spot and home-ice advantage in the playoffs. With six-games remaining, the Marksmen have just one home-game remaining in the regular season, and it takes place this Friday, March 22 at 7 P.M. at the Crown Coliseum against the defending-champion Huntsville Havoc.
The game, their Fan Appreciation Night, will feature all tickets for just $9, Tall Bud Light cans for $2, and the first 700 Kids (12-&-Under) receiving a free Marksmen Mini-Hockey Stick. On top of this promotion, the organization will also be celebrating the birthday of its mascot, Marky Marksmen. The celebration will feature over 12 mascots from various professional and collegiate sports teams from all-around the state. A full-list of mascots is able to be seen here.
Finally, on the night, the Marksmen will be debuting their Alternate Jersey, paying homage to the Military and the local community. The Army Green jersey features a more military-style fox logo, as well as the logo over the city of Fayetteville on a hockey-rink stylized North Carolina. Jerseys will be auctioned off following the game.
The night promises to be one of unforgettable family fun, with the perfect send-off for the team heading into a five-game road finish to the regular season. You won't want to miss it, we hope to see you in attendance.
For more information or credentials, head to MarksmenHockey.com or contact Marksmen Director of Digital Marketing & Media Shawn Bednard at SBednard@MarksmenHockey.com or at (910) 321-0123.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2019
- Havoc Sign Defenseman Saverio Posa to 3-Game Tryout - Huntsville Havoc
- Fayetteville Marksmen Clinch SPHL Playoff Spot, Final Home Game this Friday - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Complete Team Effort Calms the Storm, 5-1 - Fayetteville Marksmen
- KISS Jersey Auction Ends Tonight At 8:30 CDT - Quad City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fayetteville Marksmen Stories
- End of Season Yard Sale Scheduled for April 24-26
- Alternate Captain Travis Jeke Named "Defenseman of the Year"
- Turnaround Season Ends as #8 Marksmen Fall in Series with Bulls, 2-1
- Desperate Bulls Prevail 3-2, Force Winner-Take-All Game Three
- No Bull: Pawloski Serves Birmingham First Shutout of the Season