F Oskar Lindblom Added to 2018 AHL All-Star Classic
Phantoms Head Outdoors this Saturday for 2018 Capital BlueCross
Lehigh Valley, PA - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, are pleased to announce that forward Oskar Lindblom has been added to the Atlantic Division roster for the 2018 AHL All-Star Classic presented by Turning Stone Resort Casino . Lindblom will replace forward Danick Martel who will be unavailable for the event. The two-day event will take place at the newly-renovated Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium on January 28-29.
A 21-year-old winger from Gavle, Sweden, Lindblom is in the midst of his first professional season and is currently tied for second among all Phantoms and tied for eighth among all AHL rookies in scoring with 27 total points (12 goals, 15 assists) . A fifth-round selection (#138 overall) by Philadelphia in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, he's been particularly hot of late having tallied 13 points (7 goals, 6 assists) over his last 16 games.
One of just three Phantoms to have appeared in all 41 games to date, Lindblom produced a five-game point streak from October 21st to November 3rd where he compiled eight points (2 goals, 6 assists) and tallied a season-high three points (goal, 2 assists) in Lehigh Valley's 3-2 win at the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on December 23rd.
The Phantoms are back in action this Saturday, January 20 when the team heads outdoors to face off against the rival Hershey Bears in the highly-anticipated 2018 Capital BlueCross Outdoor Classic.
Reserve your group outings for the 2017-2018 season of Phantoms hockey. For more information on how to reserve your seat at PPL Center to the hottest ticket in town, call the Phantoms front office today at 610-224-GOAL !
The Phantoms are coming off an incredibly successful third campaign in the Lehigh Valley playing at the state-of-the-art PPL Center in which the team posted its highest win total (48) and highest standings point total (101) in more than a decade. Established in 1996, the Phantoms spent their first 13 seasons at the Spectrum in Philadelphia before re-locating to Glens Falls, New York in 2009 where the team spent the next five seasons as the Adirondack Phantoms. A new era of Phantoms hockey began in the fall of 2014 when the Lehigh Valley Phantoms began play at the state-of-the-art PPL Center. Through 21 incredibly successful campaigns, the Phantoms have qualified for the Calder Cup Playoffs 11 times and have captured two Calder Cup Championships (1998, 2005), two Conference Championships (1998, 2005), two Regular Season Titles (1996-97, 1997-98) and four Division Championships (1996-97, 1997-98, 1998-99, 2003-04).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2018
- Penguins Maneuver Several Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Syracuse University Sport Management - Syracuse Crunch
- Motte Returns to Chicago; Lough Signs SPC - Chicago Wolves
- Islanders Recall Johnston - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rangers Recall Tony Deangelo and Daniel - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sabres Recall Baptiste from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Chris Langkow to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- JETS RECALL HUTCHINSON AND ROSLOVIC FROM THE MANITOBA MOOSE - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Assign Left Wing Markus Hannikainen - Cleveland Monsters
- SAN DIEGO GULLS TO HOST INAUGURAL DIVERSITY NIGHT - San Diego Gulls
- Olczyk Recalled, Anselmini Assigned to Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Forward Shane Conacher from Adirondack - Syracuse Crunch
- McAdam Reassigned to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Dahlstrom, Highmore Named to AHL All-Star Team - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters to Host Cavaliers Tribute Night at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Oilers Recall Pakarinen - Bakersfield Condors
- F Oskar Lindblom Added to 2018 AHL All-Star Classic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- ROSTER CHANGES ANNOUNCED FOR 2018 AHL ALL-STAR CLASSIC - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.