Every Wings Player Scores in 82-59 Preseason Loss to Atlanta
UNCASVILLE, CT - Every Dallas Wings player scored in tonight's 82-59 loss to the Atlanta Dream, the team's first preseason game of the year. Kennedy Burke led the team in scoring with 11 points and Brooke McCarty-Williams and Cayla George led the effort on the glass with five rebounds each.
Glory Johnson took the tip for the Wings, pushing it to Kayla Thornton, giving Dallas the first possession of the contest. Atlanta would score first, but Allisha Gray would answer with first Wings' points of the night just moments later. Kaela Davis was the next Dallas player on the score sheet and was followed by Gray converting on a pair of made free throws. The two teams would be tied 12-12 after a Johnson three-pointer late in the opening quarter, but the Dream would answer with a three of its own to take back the lead, never to relinquish it.
Dallas newcomers Burke, Arike Ogunbowale, McCarty-Williams, Morgan Bertsch, Nicole Seekamp and Megan Gustafson accounted for 37 points and 14 of the team's 31 total rebounds.
The Wings will be back on the court at the Mohegan Sun Arena tomorrow, May 14, against the Connecticut Sun. The game is slated to tip off at 6 p.m. CT.
- Every Dallas Wings player saw themselves in the scorebook tonight for the first time in a preseason game since last year's preseason tilt against New York.
- Dallas outshot Atlanta from the foul line, 89.9 percent (16-18) compared to 60 percent (3-5).
- Kennedy Burke notched a team-high 11 points and was one of only three players to eclipse double-digits on the night.
- Burke's 11 point are the most in a rookie preseason debut since Azura Stevens scored 19 points in last year's preseason contest against New York.
- Rookie Arike Ogunbowale received the starting nod tonight, marking the first time a Wings rookie has started a preseason game since the 2016 season. She led all the 2019 Draft picks in playing time with 19 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 13, 2019
- Liberty's First Preseason Loss Comes at Connecticut - New York Liberty
- Aces Sign Veteran Guard Sydney Colson - Las Vegas Aces
- Every Wings Player Scores in 82-59 Preseason Loss to Atlanta - Dallas Wings
- Chicago Sky Releases 2019 Local TV Broadcast Schedule - Chicago Sky
- New York Liberty Rookie Han Xu's Debut Generates 1.2 Million Viewers and 6.3 Million Total Video Views in China - WNBA
- Mystics Roster Update - Washington Mystics
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.