ESPN's Audience for WNBA Draft 2018 Presented by State Farm up 25%; ESPN2 Telecast Most-Watched Since 2014
April 16, 2018 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) News Release
ESPN's telecasts of the WNBA Draft 2018 Presented by State Farm, which aired on ESPN2 and ESPNU on Thursday, April 12, earned a combined average audience of 212,000 viewers on ESPN2 and ESPNU, up +25% from last year. ESPN2's telecast of the first round, which saw new franchise Las Vegas Aces select South Carolina's A'ja Wilson with the No. 1 pick, was the most-watched ESPN2 telecast since 2014 and garnered an average audience of 308,000, a +13% increase over last year's viewership.
The second and third rounds of the Draft aired on ESPNU and notched a 49% increase over last year (110,000 vs. 74,000).
ESPN's coverage of the WNBA's 22nd season will tip off Saturday, May 20, with a rematch of last year's Finals as the defending champion Minnesota Lynx and Maya Moore face the 2016 champion Los Angeles Sparks and Candace Parker at 5 p.m., on ESPN2.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 16, 2018
- Roster Set for USA Basketball Women's National Team Camp in Seattle - WNBA
- ESPN's Audience for WNBA Draft 2018 Presented by State Farm up 25%; ESPN2 Telecast Most-Watched Since 2014 - WNBA
- Seattle Adds Brittany McPhee to Training Camp Roster - Seattle Storm
- Seattle Storm and Seattle Reign FC Announce Reign Storm Night - Seattle Storm
- Tickets for Verizon WNBA All-Star 2018 on Sale Now - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.