Eskimos launch new look for 05 and beyond
(Edmonton) The Edmonton Eskimos will hit the field and their opponents with a new look this season. Linebacker Singor Mobley and running back Mike Bradley helped unveil the Esks new home and away uniforms today at the Reebok CFL launch in Toronto.
Rather than a radical re-design, Edmontons classic jersey has undergone a subtle and tasteful update its first since 1996. The home (green) jersey now features a gold band of piping across the chest, while the road (white) sports a green band and green collar. The Esks have also introduced a third set of pants (green) to give an alternate look to the current white and gold pants. Sharp-eyed fans will also note that the Esks helmets are new shade of gold, giving the entire uniform a fresh, modern look.
Were very pleased with the work Reebok and equipment manager Dwayne Mandrusiak have done on this project. The Eskimo uniform and colours are steeped in tradition and I think our fans will really like the new look, said Eskimo C.O.O. Rick LeLacheur.
The new Eskimo uniforms are now available at Game On Sports the official retailer of the Edmonton Eskimos and the Eskimo Team Store (9021 111 Avenue).
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 3, 2005
- Stamps join Flames food and beverage - Calgary Stampeders
- Stampeders unveil new red and white jerseys - Calgary Stampeders
- Stamps Store sold to former Stampeder - Calgary Stampeders
- Season ticket sales surpass 16,000 mark - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Lady Renegades Football 101 Seminars kick off this weekend - Ottawa Renegades
- CFL and Reebok unveil new game jerseys - CFL
- Riders add three to O-Line - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Eskimos launch new look for 05 and beyond - Edmonton Elks
- Bombers unveil new uniforms - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Plenty of local flavour as Esks add four more Canadians for camp - Edmonton Elks
- Ticats Add Three Imports - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- New Eskimo jerseys unveiled for 2005 - Edmonton Elks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.