Eskimos Extend Sherritt
(Edmonton) - The Edmonton Eskimos have extended international linebacker J.C. Sherritt through the 2019 season.
Sherritt appeared in one game during the 2017 season where he recorded a fumble before sustaining a season-ending injury in that game.
"J.C. Sherritt is a vital part of this organization both on and off the field. His play on the field speaks for itself, and we're a better defense with him in the lineup. More than his physical attributes, his leadership is something that can't be measured, as he is the QB of the defense," said Eskimos General Manager & VP of Football Ops. Brock Sunderland. " He aggressively attacked his rehab, and I know he's excited to get back out there flying around in the Green and Gold."
The former CFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012) has appeared in 91 career games during his seven-year Eskimo career and has recorded 407 tackles, including a then CFL record 130 tackles in 2012, 16 forced fumbles, 12 quarterback sacks, 12 interceptions, and one touchdown.
Sherritt was a member of the 2015 Grey Cup Championship team and recorded four tackles in the win. In 2011, Sherritt was named the Eskimos and West Division nominee for Rookie of the Year. In 2012, in addition to being named CFL Most Outstanding Defensive Player of the Year, Sherritt earned West Division and CFL All-Star honours.
Born: 1988-05-02 - Truckee, CA
College: Eastern Washington
Weight: 218 lbs.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 9, 2018
- CFL.ca the Place to be for 2018 CFL Free Agency - CFL
- Stampeders Release Marquay McDaniel - Calgary Stampeders
- Eskimos Extend Sherritt - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stampeders Sign Receiver Richard Sindani - Calgary Stampeders
- Guard Philip Blake Remains An Alouette - Montreal Alouettes
- Adarius Bowman and Andrew Harris to Hold Autograph Signing - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Three-Time CFL All-Star Receiver Adarius Bowman - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.