Eshelman takes loss in complete game effort
(Buffalo, NY) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (29-29) received one of their strongest pitching performances of the season but it wouldn't be enough as the Buffalo Bisons (26-33) won 3-1 on Friday night. Tom Eshelman (1-1) earned the first complete game for an IronPigs pitcher this season.
Buffalo scored all three of their runs in the bottom of the fourth inning against Eshelman. Reese McGuire hit an RBI double that was followed up with a two-run home run by Andy Burns.
Malquin Canelo provided the only RBI for the IronPigs - an RBI single hit off Buddy Boshers in the top of the eighth inning.
Eshelman gave up 10 hits in eight innings while issuing one walk and recorded five strikeouts. Sean Reid-Foley (3-3) pitched seven shutout innings for the Bisons. Jordan Romano earned his fourth save of the season by pitching a scoreless top of the ninth inning.
The Pigs and Bisons play at 6:35 p.m. on Saturday night at Sahlen Field.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 7, 2019
- Durham Tallies 17 Hits, Defeats Gwinnett 12-3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Keller K's Career-High 13 But Indians Fall in Toledo - Indianapolis Indians
- Reid-Foley Is Stellar as Bisons Win 3-1 over IronPigs - Buffalo Bisons
- Aquino Homers, Extends Hit Streak in One-Run Loss to Knights - Louisville Bats
- Late Rally Pushes Knights over Bats 4-3 - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings Sweep Doubleheader from PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Mud Hens Hang on to Even Series against Indians - Toledo Mud Hens
- Mets Use Defense and Efficient Hitting to Beat RailRiders, 3-1, on Friday Night - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders pitching retires 23 men in a row, still fall in series-opener to Syracuse - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Eshelman takes loss in complete game effort - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (24-36) at Charlotte Knights (33-25) - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (34-23) at Toledo Mud Hens (23-34) - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings Return for Six Straight on Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- To 'The Show' and Back - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6
- IronPigs Release Full Promotional Calendar for the 2020 Season
- 2020 Bobblehead Lineup, Jersey Auction Dates Announced