Eryk Williamson Called into Combined Preparation Camp with U.S. Men's National Team Roster
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Timbers midfielder Eryk Williamson has been called into a combined preparation camp with players from the U.S. Senior and U-23 Men's National Teams from May 26-June 2 in Annapolis, Md., it was announced today. Williamson will be part of the U-23 squad that will be training with the Senior National Team.
Williamson will miss the Timbers' home-opening match against Los Angeles FC on Saturday, June 1, but will return to the team ahead of Portland's home match against the Houston Dynamo on Saturday, June 22.
The Alexandra, Va., native, who was previously called into a U.S. U-23 Men's National Team international camp in March, has tallied two goals and a USL Championship-leading seven assists in nine appearances for T2, while on loan from the Timbers in 2019. Williamson is one of 13 players in the combined preparation camp that are age-eligible for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. While competing at the U-20 FIFA World Cup in the summer of 2017, Williamson started four of the five matches, helping the U-20 USMNT advance to the quarterfinals of the tournament.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 22, 2019
- MNUFC Depth on Display in 1-0 Loss to Hertha Berlin - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United Fall to Real Betis 5-2 in a Friendly at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Red Bulls and Vancouver End in 2-2 Draw - New York Red Bulls
- 'Caps earn another road point in exciting match versus New York Red Bulls - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Named 'Sports Team of the Year' at 2019 Sports Business Awards - Atlanta United FC
- The Goal King: Chris Wondolowski Cements His Place in MLS History: Week 13 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Chicago Fire Midfielder PrzemysÅ?aw Frankowski Called up to Poland National Team - Chicago Fire
- Game on Saturday, June 1 at Stade Saputo Moved to 5pm - Montreal Impact
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Soccer for All Month - MLS
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Soccer for All Month - D.C. United
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Soccer for All Month - Orlando City SC
- Mexican National Team Members and Award-Winning Singer Luis Coronel to Headline Fan Fest at Inaugural MexTour Live in Dallas on June 7 - FC Dallas
- Know Your Opponent | LA Galaxy - Orlando City SC
- Sebas Mendez Called up to Ecuador's Copa America Squad - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Added to U.S. 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Roster - LA Galaxy
- Chad Marshall Announces Retirement from Professional Soccer - Seattle Sounders FC
- Eryk Williamson Called into Combined Preparation Camp with U.S. Men's National Team Roster - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Jack Elliott to New Contract - Philadelphia Union
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Fall to FC Dallas in First Round of Audi MLS Cup Playoffs on Penalty Kicks
- Timbers Play Host to FC Dallas in Round One Audi MLS Cup Playoff Match at Providence Park
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Chara Named to 2020 MLS Best XI Presented by the Home Depot
- Topgolf Live Stadium Tour Comes to Providence Park in Fall of 2021
- Timbers Sign 18-Year-Old Goalkeeper Hunter Sulte as Homegrown Player