Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game Notes
ERIE SEAWOLVES (3-4, 6TH PLACE WEST, 2.0 GB) VS. ALTOONA CURVE (4-2, 2ND PLACE WEST, 0.5 GB)
RHP SPENCER TURNBULL (1-0, 1.93 ERA) VS. RHP DARIO AGRAZAL (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
FRIDAY, APRIL 13 * 6:05 PM * BROADCAST: FOX SPORTS RADIO 1330 AM, SEAWOLVES.COM, MILB.TV
UPMC PARK * GAME #8 * HOME GAME #1 * NIGHT GAME #7
Tonight, the SeaWolves look to snap a four-game losing streak as they take on the Altoona Curve (Pittsburgh Pirates) in the opening game of a three-game series at UPMC Park. Both the SeaWolves and Curve had the day off on Thursday. Erie lost its series finale to Bowie on Wednesday night 5-4. The Baysox walked off on the SeaWolves in all three games of the series...Altoona lost its series finale to Harrisburg on Wednesday but has opened the season winning four of six games...The SeaWolves send righty Spencer Turnbull to the mound making his second start of the season and first against Altoona. Turnbull took a no-decision in his last start at Reading on April 7. In the game, he allowed a run on four hits with a walk and seven strikeouts in 4.2 innings of work. Erie won the game 7-4...Righty Dario Agrazal takes the mound for the Curve making his second start of the season. Agrazal took a no-decision in his first start against Akron on April 6. In the game, he hurled six scoreless and hitless frames, allowing three walks while striking out a pair.
SATURDAY VS. ALTOONA CURVE (PITTSBURGH PIRATES) - UPMC PARK - 1:35 P.M.
RHP Kyle Funkhouser (0-0, 6.00 ERA) vs. LHP Brandon Waddell (0-0, 1.59 ERA)
SUNDAY VS. ALTOONA CURVE (PITTSBURGH PIRATES) - UPMC PARK - 1:35 P.M.
LHP Tyler Alexander (0-0, 3.18 ERA) vs. RHP Mitch Keller (1-0, 0.00 ERA)
MONDAY VS. TRENTON THUNDER (NEW YORK YANKEES) - UPMC PARK - 6:05 P.M.
RHP Beau Burrows (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. TBD
TUESDAY VS. TRENTON THUNDER (NEW YORK YANKEES) - UPMC PARK - 6:05 P.M.
RHP Sandy Baez (0-0, 2.79 ERA) vs. TBD
- Altoona won the 2017 season series over the SeaWolves 13-8. The SeaWolves and Curve meet 20 times in 2018.
- The SeaWolves return 12 players who spent time in Erie in 2017. Two of those 12, Gabriel Quintana and Dominic Ficociello, were Eastern League All-Stars in 2017.
- The SeaWolves feature a new skipper for the first time since 2014 as Andrew Graham takes over the club. Graham played for Erie in 2006 and briefly filled in as the SeaWolves hitting coach for two months in 2010.
- Four of the five Erie starting pitchers are in the top 20 prospects in the Tigers organization.
- Dominic Ficociello has opened the season with a seven-game hitting streak.
- Sergio Alcantara leads the SeaWolves and is second in the league with 10 RBI.
- The SeaWolves are fifth in the league with a 3.32 team ERA. Altoona ranks second in the league with a 2.33 team ERA.
- The SeaWolves committed just one error during the first three games of the season. The club has committed seven errors during the four-game losing streak.
- Erie catchers have combined to throw out five of seven potential base stealers in the first seven games of the season.
- The SeaWolves rank second in the league with a .263 team batting average.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 13, 2018
- River City Blues - Reading Fightin Phils
- Johnson Dazzles Record Crowd in Home Opener - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Largest Crowd in Senators Home Opening History Watches 5-1 Victory - Harrisburg Senators
- Bichette's First Triple, Pentecost's First HR Not Enough in Fisher Cats Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Yard Goats Beat Former Major League Pitcher for Second Straight Victory - Hartford Yard Goats
- RubberDucks Fall to Trenton as Pitchers Dominate - Akron RubberDucks
- Clutch Play from Alvarez and Strong Pitching Lead 2-1 Win over Akron - Trenton Thunder
- Altoona Spoils UPMC Park Opener - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Winning Streak Snapped with 5-1 Loss - Bowie Baysox
- Four-Run Fourth Helps Curve Spoil SeaWolves' Home Opener - Altoona Curve
- Great Way to Start: 'Dogs Win Home Opener 4-2 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Alonso's Blast Not Enough for Ponies in Portland, 4-2 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Acevedo Placed on 7-Day Disabled List - Trenton Thunder
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #7 - Rumble Ponies (3-3) at Sea Dogs (1-5) - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 13th vs. Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox to Host Educator Appreciation Night on April 20 - Bowie Baysox
- Governor Northam to Throw First Pitch at Richmond Flying Squirrels' Home Opener - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Flying Squirrels Announce Transactions - Richmond Flying Squirrels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.