Ellington and Anthony Sent to Kalamazoo
The Vancouver Canucks have reassigned left wing STEVEN ANTHONY and defenseman TAYLOR ELLINGTON from the Chicago Wolves to the ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings.
ANTHONY completed his fourth QMJHL season with the Saint John Sea Dogs last year, recording career-highs with 23 goals, 37 assists and 60 points in 61 contests. He also tallied 12 points (5G, 7A) in 14 postseason contests helping Saint John capture the 2011 Memorial Cup. Overall, the 20-year-old forward posted 66 goals, 97 assists and 163 points in 244 career QMJHL contests with Saint John from 2007 to 2011.
ELLINGTON skated in 14 ECHL games with the Victoria Salmon Kings last season, posting 3 assists and 18 penalty minutes. The 22-year-old blueliner notched 14 assists, 17 points and 67 penalty minutes in 67 career ECHL matchups with Victoria, spanning two seasons (2009-11). He also accrued 5 points (2G, 3A) in 20 career AHL outings with the Manitoba Moose, spanning two seasons (2008-10).
The Wolves visit the Milwaukee Admirals for an Amtrak Rivalry matchup at 7 p.m. on Friday before returning home on Saturday for their home opener, presented by LifeSource, at 7 p.m., against the Admirals at Allstate Arena. For more information on ticket packages, visit chicagowolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2011
- Barons Assign Martindale to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Johnson Makes Statement with Shutout in First Start - Connecticut Whale
- Kings Acquire Legein from Philadelphia - Manchester Monarchs
- Panthers Assign Evgeny Dadonov to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Smith Back to Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Assigns Vincour to Texas - Texas Stars
- Blues Reassign David Shields to Alaska - Peoria Rivermen
- Wild Trades Nystrom to Dallas - Houston Aeros
- Predators Assign Stortini to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Aeros Record Sellout, Second-Largest Home-Opening Crowd - Houston Aeros
- Anaheim Signs Right Wing Troy Bodie and Reassigns Goaltender Timo Pielmeier to Elmira - Syracuse Crunch
- IceHogs Team up with Culver's and Discovery Center on Special Four Pack - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Change November 12th Game Time to 7:00 Pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ellington and Anthony Sent to Kalamazoo - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Announce 2011-12 Ticket Promotions - Rochester Americans
- AHL's BC Boys Coming to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Dollar Drink Nights Are Back Courtesy of KZEP - San Antonio Rampage
- American Hockey League Names New Vice President of Hockey Operations - AHL
- Gus Coelho Free Bike Giveaway Returns - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.