El Paso Locomotive FC Adds Forward Aidan Apodaca to 2021 Season Roster
EL PASO, Texas - El Paso Locomotive FC have signed Forward Aidan Apodaca ahead of the 2021 USL Championship season, pending league and federation approval, the club announced Tuesday.
"Aidan is a player that caught our eye over a year ago," said Head Coach and Technical Director Mark Lowry. "His pace, enthusiasm for running and constantly harassing defenders makes him a dream player for our system. His goals per minute ratio is one of the best in the USL over the past two seasons, and his age means his room for growth is an exciting prospect. I expect him to fit in seamlessly with our demands and the spirit of the group. "
Apodaca, 24, joins Locomotive with three years of experience in the USL Championship having made 16 appearances with Bethlehem Steel in 2018 and 25 appearances across two seasons with Reno 1868 FC. Establishing himself as one of the most clinical forwards in the league, the Upland, California native had a hand in lifting Reno to the top of the USL Championship with three goals over 11 appearances in 2020. Boasting a goal per minute average of 72.7 minutes and shooting accuracy of 87.5% in 2020, the young American has the qualities to provide an exciting, yet dangerous, element to the Locomotive attack.
Prior to his professional career, Apodaca played collegiately with California Baptist University where he made 48 goals across 68 appearances from 2014-17.
"I'm super excited," shared Apodaca. "Seeing the success that Locomotive has had over the past two years in the league, it's been amazing. To be a part of that team and culture while building on what has already been laid, I'm looking forward to helping bring a trophy to El Paso."
Apodaca now joins Coach Lowry's world-class cast of players as the latest new signing for the 2021 USL Championship season. El Paso Locomotive is currently working on additional player announcements for the 2021 season and will announce the renewals and new signings once they are confirmed.
El Paso Locomotive FC returns to action for its third season in the USL Championship in 2021! Lock in your seats by visiting eplocomotivefc.com/seasontickets or calling/texting 915-235-GOAL and enjoy world-class Championship soccer at Southwest University Park!
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 5, 2021
- Snap Shots: Dariusz Formella - Sacramento Republic FC
- OCSC Signs USL League One Golden Boot Winner Ronaldo Damus - Orange County SC
- Defender Karl Ouimette Returns to Indy Eleven - Indy Eleven
- Rozeboom, Sylvestre Bah and Lobe Return for 2021 Season - Miami FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Adds Forward Aidan Apodaca to 2021 Season Roster - El Paso Locomotive FC
- FC Tulsa Re-Signs Midfielder Eric Bird to Multiyear Contract Extension - FC Tulsa
- Midfielder Seth Moses Becomes Newest Charge for Energy FC - OKC Energy FC
- Rowdies Sign Midfielder Dayonn Harris - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Defender Younes Boudadi Signs with Hartford Athletic - Hartford Athletic
- Jesus Enriquez Returns to Bay Area, Signs with Oakland - Oakland Roots
- Phoenix Brings Aboard Prince Saydee - Phoenix Rising FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Locomotive FC Stories
- El Paso Locomotive FC Launches Partnership with Global Sports Brand adidas
- Defender Andrew Fox Re-Signs for Third Year with El Paso Locomotive FC
- El Paso Locomotive Youth Soccer Club Announces Coaching Staff for USL Academy League Team
- El Paso Locomotive Inks Former MLS and USL Standout Forward Luis Solignac
- Haitian International Mechack Jerome Returns for Third Season with El Paso Locomotive