EE Football Team Signs Jonathan Rose & Mike Jones
(Edmonton) - The Edmonton Football Team announces today they have signed former two-time East Division all-star defensive back Jonathan Rose and National wide receiver Mike Jones.
Jonathan Rose began his CFL career with the Ottawa RedBlacks in 2016 where he was a key contributor in their 104th Grey Cup winning season. His best individual season came in 2018 when Rose forced nine turnovers (five interceptions, four forced fumbles) and scored a defensive touchdown. In Rose's four-year CFL career he has recorded 166 total tackles, nine interceptions, six forced fumbles, one sack, and two touchdowns. The Auburn/Nebraska product was named a CFL East Division all-star in 2016 and 2018.
Mike Jones was originally drafted by the Hamilton Tiger Cats in the second round (18th overall) of the 2016 CFL Draft. During his four-year CFL career, Jones has started 58 games accumulating 101 receptions for 1472 yards, and four touchdowns. The 28-year-old's most successful season came in 2018 when he recorded four 100-yard receiving games and showed his big play ability with three receptions of over 75 yards.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 4, 2021
- Argos Sign American WR's Daniel Braverman & Craig Rucker - Toronto Argonauts
- EE Football Team Signs Jonathan Rose & Mike Jones - EE Football Team
- Tiger-Cats Extend Howsare and Re-Sign Mauldin IV - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Deshaun Davis, Cameron Jefferson Opt Back In - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Longest Serving Blue Bomber, Jake Thomas, Agrees to Terms on One-Year Extension - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.