Earthquakes to Host Decision Day Viewing Party at Avaya Stadium
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes will host a viewing party at Avaya Stadium for the team's Decision Day regular-season finale on Sunday, Oct. 6 against the Portland Timbers. Kickoff at Providence Park in Portland is slated for 1 p.m., with gates opening for the event at 12:15 p.m.
While parking and admission are free, all fans must RSVP to enter. To RSVP, and automatically be entered to win a team-signed jersey, please click here.
The Earthquakes are currently on the outside looking in for the 2019 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs but are just one point behind seventh-place FC Dallas and two points behind sixth-place Portland. A win over the Timbers, or a draw combined with a loss by FC Dallas and anything but a multi-goal victory by Colorado, would see San Jose reach the postseason for the second time in three seasons.
In addition to showing the match on the bar TVs and large video board, Avaya Stadium will have numerous activations for fans in attendance to enjoy. DJ Chuy Gomez will be performing, and food and drinks will be available for purchase.
The stadium's 7UP Epicenter will house inflatables, corn hole sets and other games, while team-issued clothing will be raffled off to lucky fans. Fans can browse a diverse selection of gear at the team's merchandise store, which will remain open for the duration of the event. Season ticket holders can also pick up their Chris Wondolowski four-goal bobblehead, commemorating the Quakes striker becoming Major League Soccer's all-time leading scorer with four goals against Chicago on May 18.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 1, 2019
- New York City FC Announces 2019 Playoff Pricing and Hosting Scenarios - New York City FC
- Earthquakes to Host Decision Day Viewing Party at Avaya Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes
- This Sunday Is 2019 Decision Day Presented by AT&T: Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoff Berths and Home-Field Advantage Are on the Line - MLS
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: October 1 - 6 - Chicago Fire
- Sunday Marks Scorching MLS Season Finale: Decision Day Presented by AT&T - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Acquire Cristian Espinoza on Permanent Transfer
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: December 9, 2019
- Earthquakes 2020 Home Opener Set for February 29 vs. Toronto FC
- Stage Set for 2019 NCAA Women's College Cup at Avaya Stadium
- Earthquakes, Verizon to Offer Fans Enhanced Matchday Experience