Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes today announced their full 2020 preseason schedule, which includes a two-week training stint in CancÃºn, Mexico and four friendly matches ahead of the home opener on Feb. 29 vs. Toronto FC.
Following physicals, players report to the Earthquakes Training Facility in San Jose on Tuesday, Jan. 21. Players and coaches will be made available for the first time on Wednesday, Jan. 22. For more information on the club's annual Media Day or to RSVP, please contact Director of Communications Jake Pisani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After a week of training in San Jose, the team will depart for CancÃºn on Sunday, Jan. 26. The Quakes' training stint in Mexico is their second in as many years, featuring two-a-day training sessions and extensive workouts on the beach. The Earthquakes' 2019 trip was chronicled by ESPN's Tom Marshall, who was embedded with the team for several days.
While in CancÃºn, San Jose will play two scrimmages; the first of which is against a Major League Soccer club, to be announced at a later date, and the second against a local side.
Two lucky fans will get to join the team in Mexico, courtesy of the Quakes' CancÃºn Sweepstakes. The grand-prize winners will receive round-trip airfare, three nights in an all-inclusive resort, and access to the team's closed-door scrimmage.
Upon returning to San Jose, the Earthquakes will host closed-door friendlies against USL Championship sides Reno 1868 FC and Sacramento Republic FC on Feb. 18 and Feb. 21, respectively.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.