Eagles Trade Francis, Acquire Stairs & Picks in Saint John Deal
SYDNEY - The Cape Breton Eagles have completed a trade with the Saint John Sea Dogs on Monday.
The Eagles have traded forward Ryan Francis (2001-12-02) and Quebec's sixth round draft pick in 2021 in exchange for forward Dawson Stairs (2002-01-25), Saint John's first round draft pick in 2023, Saint John's second round draft pick in 2023, and Sherbrooke's sixth round draft pick in 2022.
Francis, who was drafted by the Calgary Flames this past October, has notched 21 points through 15 games this season. He was drafted by the Eagles in the second round of the 2017 QMJHL draft and collected 159 points in 198 contests as an Eagle.
Stairs has recorded eight points in 13 games this season. After contemplating pursuing NCAA hockey, he was drafted by Saint John in the seventh round of the 2018 draft and is in his second full season in the QMJHL. Stairs is expected to arrive in Sydney on Tuesday to begin his 14 day quarantine.
The QMJHL's 2020-21 trade period will conclude at noon on January 25th, 2021. For all information regarding trades and schedule announcements, please continue to consult the Cape Breton Eagles website and team social media.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2021
- QMJHL Postpones Games in the Maritimes Division - Moncton Wildcats
- QMJHL Postpones Games in the Maritimes Division - Charlottetown Islanders
- QMJHL Postpones Games in the Maritimes Division - QMJHL
- Eagles Trade Francis, Acquire Stairs & Picks in Saint John Deal - Cape Breton Eagles
- Sea Dogs Acquire Calgary Flames Prospect Ryan Francis in Trade with Eagles - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.