Dynamo Visit D.C. United on Sunday for Pivotal Second Leg of MLS Eastern Conference Championship
HOUSTON, TX (Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012) - The Houston Dynamo will face D.C. United tomorrow at 3 p.m. CT in the second leg of the Eastern Conference Championship series at RFK Stadium. The Dynamo have a 3-1 lead in the two-game, aggregate-score series and will advance to MLS Cup with a win, draw or one-goal defeat.
Tomorrow's game will be broadcast live on the NBC Sports Network. The radio broadcast can be heard on KPRC 950 AM, Sirius XM FC Channel 94 and La Ranchera 850 AM (Spanish).
The Dynamo scored three unanswered goals for a 3-1 win in the first leg of the series on Sunday at BBVA Compass Stadium. Will Bruin scored his fourth goal of the 2012 MLS Cup playoffs to set a franchise record for goals in a single postseason. Bruin's tally also extended his franchise record for goals in a season to 16.
Andre Hainault scored his third career playoff goal to move to third on the franchise list. Kofi Sarkodie capped the 3-1 win with his first MLS goal.
Tally Hall improved to 6-2 as a starting goalkeeper in the playoffs, tying Pat Onstad for the franchise record for playoff wins.
Sunday's 3-1 defeat ended a nine-game unbeaten streak (6-0-3) for D.C. United.
The Dynamo are 2-4-1 all-time in road games at RFK Stadium, including a 3-2 defeat on April 28. United is unbeaten in its last 17 home games (12-0-5) since its lone home loss this season on March 10.
Dynamo head coach Dominic Kinnear will tie Bob Bradley for third on the Major League Soccer all-time playoff wins list with his next playoff win. Kinnear is 13-8-4 as a head coach in the playoffs.
If the Dynamo maintain their aggregate score advantage they will advance to MLS Cup on Dec. 1, facing off against the winner of the Los Angeles Galaxy-Seattle Sounders FC Western Conference Championship series. It would be the second consecutive trip to MLS Cup and fourth appearance in seven years for Houston.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 17, 2012
- LA Galaxy Fans Encouraged To Vote for Juninho and Marcelo Sarvas - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Pregame Notes: Sounders have mountain to climb vs. surging Galaxy - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Three Points: Galaxy look to weather Seattle storm - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Focused on a Return Trip to MLS Cup - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Dynamo Visit D.C. United on Sunday for Pivotal Second Leg of MLS Eastern Conference Championship - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Dynamo Strike Early in 2-2 Draw at D.C. United
- Game Notes: Houston Dynamo at D.C. United
- Dynamo Fall to Vancouver 2-1; Travel to D.C. United Next Week
- DF Adolfo Machado Named to Panama's Roster for International Friendlies
- Game Notes: Houston Dynamo vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC