Dupree Moves into Sixth on WNBA All-Time Rebounding List
BRADENTON, Fla. - In the first quarter of the 2020 regular season opener, Fever forward Candice Dupree became the fifth leading scorer in WNBA history. On Saturday to close out the regular season, Dupree passed Tina Thompson to move into sixth all-time in rebounds in WNBA history. Her 3,071 rebounds put her behind only Minnesota Lynx center, Sylvia Fowles; Lynx Assistant Coach, Rebekkah Brunson; Fever Vice President of Basketball Operations and General Manager, Tamika Catchings; Lisa Leslie and Tina Charles.
Dupree ended the night with 12 points, six rebounds and three assists in the 98-86 loss to Minnesota.
Julie Allemand concluded her rookie campaign with 11 points, nine assists and five rebounds. She became the ninth rookie in WNBA history to finish six games with at least eight assists in her rookie season.
Allemand also finished the first regular season for a rookie in league history to average at least 8.0 points, 5.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game. The 5-foot-8 guard was the only rookie this year to start every game.
Kelsey Mitchell led all Fever scorers with 20 points. Saturday was her eighth 20-point scoring output this season. Tiffany Mitchell led the Fever reserves with 14 points and three assists. It was her fourth game leading the reserves in scoring this season.
Rachel Banham led all scorers with 29 points and 10 assists. Banham was inserted into the starting lineup before opening tip as Crystal Dangerfield was held out due to rest.
Napheesa Collier added 23 points and eight rebounds.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 12, 2020
- Storm Swarms Mercury, 83-60 - Seattle Storm
- Seattle Storm to Begin Postseason Play in WNBA Semifinals - Seattle Storm
- Dupree Moves into Sixth on WNBA All-Time Rebounding List - Indiana Fever
- Minnesota Lynx Postgame Notes - 9.12 vs. Indiana - Minnesota Lynx
- Aces Clinch Top Two Spot, Double Bye in Playoffs with 84-70 Win over Sparks - Las Vegas Aces
- Wings Lineup against Liberty Sunday in Season Finale - Dallas Wings
- New York Liberty Postgame Notes vs. Washington Mystics - New York Liberty
- Bria Holmes Out for the Season - Connecticut Sun
- Fever End 2020 Regular Season against Minnesota on Saturday - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Indiana Fever Complete Trades with Las Vegas and Minnesota
- ICRC Acknowledges 2021 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Indiana Holiday Award Recipients
- Tamika Catchings Honored as Torchbearer Award Recipient
- Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team
- Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team