Duffy Assigned Osman Activated and Olson and Baker Placed on Reserve List
ESTERO, FL - Florida Everblades president and general manager Craig Brush, in coordination with head coach Malcolm Cameron, announced today that defenseman Matt Duffy has been assigned by Rochester (AHL) and forward Dominic Osman has been activated to the active playoff roster while defenseman Benn Olson and forward Kevin Baker has been moved from the active roster to a reserve.
Duffy, 24, returns to the Amerks for the fourth time this season. The Windham, Maine native has appeared in 11 games with Rochester this season and scored a goal and five points. The majority of his rookie season has been with the Everblades. Duffy has appeared in 52 games with the Blades and scored five goals and 14 points with 55 penalty minutes. Duffy did appear in three playoff games last season and chipped in one assist.
Osman, 28, has been activated off the reserve to the active playoff roster. The Dearborn, Michigan native has scored eight goals and 15 points in 20 games with the Everblades since being acquired from the Toledo Walleye. Osman scored 22 points (12g, 10) and registered 39 penalty minutes in 47 games with Toledo. Osman will be appearing tonight in his first ECHL Kelly Cup Playoff game.
Olson, 22, was injured in the first game of the American Conference quarterfinals. The 6-foot-4, 220-pound defenseman missed game two due to injury. In the regular season, Olson led the Everblades in major penalties (15) and penalty minutes (168) in 50 games played. He also chipped in nine assists. Olson racked up 21 minutes in penalties with Albany in nine games played this season.
Baker, 30, has appeared in one game in the post season and was held scoreless. The 2009 ECHL MVP posted a team-leading 29 assists and 42 points this season with 32 penalty minutes.
The Everblades and Jackals play game three of the best-of-five American Conference quarterfinal series tonight at 7:35 p.m. The series is tied at 1-1. Games four and five will be played in First Arena in Elmira New York tomorrow and Sunday (if necessary).
Follow the Blades during the 2010 Kelly Cup Playoffs exclusively on FOX Sports Radio, 1200/1460AM or via their website at www.floridaeverblades.com . The Shoeless Joe's Sports Café pregame show comes your way 25-minutes prior to the drop of the puck. Everblades playoff hockey is presented by Blu Sushi.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2010
- Munce Solid As Checkers Down Walleye, 3-1, Inch Closer To Conference Semifinals - Charlotte Checkers
- Royals Take Game Three Over K-Wings, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Florida Takes Game Three Convincingly 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Fall in Overtime Heartbreaker to Cyclones - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heidinger's OT Goal Gives Cyclones 1-0 Win at SC - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals suffer 6-2 loss - Elmira Jackals
- Duffy Assigned Osman Activated and Olson and Baker Placed on Reserve List - Florida Everblades
- Reading Wins Game Three and Now Leads Series Two Games to One - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Greg Scott Recalled To Marlies - Reading Royals
- Game Preview (Game 3): Stockton Thunder Vs. Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Noreau Becomes 441st ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Jackals Playoff Game Preview: Florida At Elmira, Game 3 - Elmira Jackals
- Grizzlies Host Playoff Hockey Saturday, Sunday - Utah Grizzlies
- Elmira's Tyler Donati Named CCM U+ ECHL Most Valuable Player - ECHL
- Tyler Donati Named MVP Of ECHL - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Five Nailers Recalled To Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- 'Blades Weekly: One Sweep Down; Home Opener on the Horizon
- Two for Tanner: Jeannot's Two Strikes Help 'Blades Sweep Norfolk
- Opening Statement: 'Blades Top Admirals 4-3 to Pick up First Win
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster
- WJBX News, Talk & More Returns as Broadcast Home of the 'Blades