Drillers Bury Sod Poodles Behind De Fratus
AMARILLO, TX- The Tulsa Drillers took their first trip to Amarillo to face the Sod Poodles on Friday night. Justin De Fratus got the start for Tulsa and threw seven strong innings in a Drillers 4-1 victory. It was their fourth straight win.
*Edward Olivares hit a solo home run to right to get the scoring started for Amarillo in the first inning.
*The Drillers struck back in the third when Gavin Lux grounded out to knock in Josh Thole, tying things up at 1-1.
*Cody Thomas put Tulsa in front with a solo home run in the top of the fourth.
*In the sixth, Thomas tripled, then scored on a wild pitch by Kyle Lloyd, extending the Drillers lead to 3-1.
*DJ Peters added an insurance run in the eighth by hitting a solo blast to bring the final score to 4-1.
*De Fratus was a big factor for Tulsa, throwing seven innings and only allowing one run as he picked up his third win.
*Thole went 3-4 in the game and extended his hit streak to six straight games.
UP NEXT: Tulsa at Amarillo, Saturday, June 15, at 7:05 PM at Hodgetown in Amarillo, TX. RHP Edwin Uceta (0-1, 15.00 ER) versus LHP Adrian Morejon (0-4, 4.94 ERA).
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Riders Come up Short against Naturals - Frisco RoughRiders
- Parsons Leads Cardinals to 6-3 Win over Hooks in Double-A Debut - Springfield Cardinals
- Late Offense Propels Naturals to Victory at Frisco - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- RockHounds Shut out Travelers - Midland RockHounds
- Springfield Slugs CC for Series Win - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Cesar Nicolas Named New Travs Skipper - Arkansas Travelers
- Mieses 3-Run Homer Propels Cardinals to 4-2 Win over Hooks - Springfield Cardinals
- Drillers Bury Sod Poodles Behind De Fratus - Tulsa Drillers
- Sod Poodles Fall 4-1 in Series Opener with Drillers - Amarillo Sod Poodles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.