Dream Sign Maya Caldwell
ATLANTA, Ga. - The Atlanta Dream have signed guard Maya Caldwell to a hardship contract, the organization announced today.
The 5-11 guard reported to the Dream's 2022 training camp, where she started in Atlanta's preseason game against the Washington Mystics and scored 9 points with 4 rebounds and four assists.
Caldwell was drafted by the Indiana Fever in the 2021 WNBA Draft (third round, 33rd overall) out of Georgia. With the Bulldogs, she was named to the 2021 SEC Conference All-Tournament Team after leading her team to the championship game, posting the best two-game stretch of her career with 20 points against No. 17 Kentucky and 19 versus No. 2 Texas A&M.
Caldwell will be active for Tuesday night's game against Dallas, where she will wear No.33.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 20, 2022
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Dream Stories
- WNBA's Atlanta Dream Announces Transformative Partnership with the King Center
- Travis Porter to Perform at Halftime of Final Regular Season Atlanta Dream Home Game
- Rhyne Howard Earns Third-Straight WNBA Rookie of the Month Honor
- Maya Caldwell Returns to Dream on Hardship Contract
- Waka Flocka Flame Set to Perform Halftime of WNBA's Atlanta Dream Game on August 3