Dogs' Donate $22,080 to Crohn's & Colitis Canada
The Niagara IceDogs are proud to announce that they have donated $22,080 to Crohn's & Colitis Canada through the proceeds of our St. Patrick's Day Jersey Auction.
On March 17th the Dogs' wore specialty St.Patrick's Day themed jerseys and after the game these one-of-a-kind jerseys were auctioned off in support of Crohn's & Colitis Canada. IceDogs forward Sam Miletic's jersey went to the highest bidder at a record breaking price of $2,000. Edmonton Oilers draft pick Kirill Maksimov followed closely behind at $1,750, while IceDogs assistant captains Ben Jones and Akil Thomas both saw their jerseys sell at $1,300 each.
Jacqueline Alvarez, Regional Director, Ontario from Crohn's & Colitis joined Niagara IceDogs Owners Bill and Denise Burke for a cheque presentation this afternoon (see photo above).
Alvarez says that,"Money raised from the game will enable Crohn's and Colitis Canada in their efforts to raise awareness of the diseases, provide support for patients and their families, as well as helping to fuel research that will lead to more effective treatments, and ultimately, cures for the diseases".
The IceDogs would like to send a special thank you to Luke Pasmore of Luke's Auctions who donates his time to help our Live Auctions be so successful. Additionally, the Dogs would like thank our great fans who continue to support our community initiatives and make these donations possible.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 30, 2018
- Dogs' Donate $22,080 to Crohn's & Colitis Canada - Niagara IceDogs
- 24 OHL Players Invited to 2018 NHL Scouting Combine - Barrie Colts
- Jenkins Invited to 2018 NHL Scouting Combine - Saginaw Spirit
- Oshawa Sports Hall of Fame 2018 Induction Class Has a Strong Generals Presence - Oshawa Generals
- 3rd Annual Sarnia Sting Golf Classic July 19th - Sarnia Sting
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Niagara IceDogs Stories
- IceDogs Take Game One with 2-0 Win
- Niagara IceDogs Donate $18,000 to Canadian Cancer Society in Niagara
- Playoff Pre-Game Street Party Thursday, March 21
- Niagara IceDogs' Eastern-Conference Quarter-Final Schedule Released
- IceDogs Secure Central Division Title and 2nd Seed with 8-3 Win over the Troops