Diana Taurasi Undergoes Successful Surgery
PHOENIX - On Wednesday, Mercury guard Diana Taurasi underwent a procedure on a disc protrusion in her back to alleviate symptoms of pain and muscle weakness.
Mercury General Manager Jim Pitman: "Diana began experiencing symptoms during offseason workouts, notified us, and in conjunction with our medical staff determined the right course of action. We have confidence that this procedure will not only get her back on the court but ensure she can get back to chasing around her toddler son, Leo, as well."
She is expected to return in 10-12 weeks.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 25, 2019
- Diana Taurasi Undergoes Successful Surgery - Phoenix Mercury
- Sky Sign Guard Allazia Blockton to Training Camp Contract - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Mercury Stories
- Phoenix Mercury Announces Local TV Broadcast Schedule
- Mercury Legend Jennifer Gillom Named Development Coach
- Penny Taylor Named Phoenix Mercury Assistant Coach
- Diana Taurasi Undergoes Successful Surgery
- Mercury Adds Three Top-13 Picks, Four Players Overall During 2019 WNBA Draft