Desjardins Traded to the Islanders
MONCTON N.B. - The Moncton Wildcats have traded defenceman Olivier Desjardins to the Charlottetown Islanders in exchange for a 7th round pick in 2019.
The 20-year-old from Drummondville, QC came to the Wildcats during the summer trade period in an exchange with Bathurst, and has played eight regular season games with the team to date.
Director of Hockey Operations Roger Shannon had this to say about the trade. "We would like to thank Olivier for his time here in Moncton. At this time we are keeping our third 20-year-old spot open for other opportunities and we wish Olivier all the best in PEI."
The Wildcats are back in action tonight in Saint John for game one of Subway Rivalry Weekend, then tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. Moncton will host Saint John in the cage; for tickets call 857-4100 or go online at www.tickets.moncton.ca
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from October 14, 2017
- Subway - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Mooseheads Top Eagles in High Scoring Slugfest - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles
- Desjardins Traded to the Islanders - Moncton Wildcats
- Eagles Top Mooseheads in First Game of Season Series - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Moncton Wildcats Stories
- Khovanov Drafted in Third Round
- Jordan Spence Commits to Moncton for 2018-2019
- Frist Group of Wildcats Season Seat Members Have Picked Their Seats for the New Event's Centre
- Roger Shannon Released as the Director of Hockey Operations for the Wildcats
- Wildcats to Play Game Five of Second Round Playoff Action in Fredericton on Friday