Dennis Higgins Named Oklahoma Sportscaster of the Year
The National Sports Media Association announced that the Voice of the Drillers, Dennis Higgins, has been named the 2017 Oklahoma Sportscaster of the Year. Higgins will be honored during the 59th annual NSMA Awards ceremony during the weekend of June 23-25 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
This is the first time that Higgins has won the award.
"It is a great honor," Higgins said of winning the award. "It was very unexpected, and I am very appreciative."
Past winners of the NSMA Oklahoma Sportscaster award include Tulsa's John Holcomb, Al Jerkens and Bruce Howard. Nationally, the NSMA has given the award to names such as Dan Patrick, Jim Nantz, and Joe Buck.
The upcoming season will be the ninth for Higgins as the Voice of the Drillers. Prior to joining the Drillers, he spent time in the major leagues as a member of the San Francisco Giants broadcast team, working alongside Jon Miller. He has also stints in Minor League Baseball with teams in Wichita, Fresno and Eugene, Oregon.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from January 18, 2018
- Dennis Higgins Named Oklahoma Sportscaster of the Year - Tulsa Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tulsa Drillers Stories
- Tulsa Drillers Chosen to Participate in MiLB's 2018 Copa De La Diversion
- Drillers to Play 17 Spring Games in Arizona
- DrillersFest 2018 Set for March 10
- Drillers Set Impressive Lineup of Promotions for 2018
- Drillers and Roughnecks FC Host Job Fair on Saturday, February 17th