Delaware Blue Coats Acquire A.J. Davis
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats, the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, announced today that the team has acquired A.J. Davis off waivers. In a related move, the team has waived Terrence Drisdom.
Davis (6-9, 215 lbs) most recently played for the Brisbane Bullets in the Australian National Basketball League (NBL). The left-handed Davis saw action in 12 games as the Bullets advanced to the semifinals of the 2019 NBL Finals Series. Prior to joining Brisbane, Davis signed with Z Mobile Prishtina of the Basketball Federation of Kosovo (FBK) in September, appearing in 19 games that included the FIBA Euro Cup and Basketball Champions League Qualifying. He averaged 21.0 points and 7.0 rebounds in 29.7 minutes per game over two Champions League games.
The 23-year-old Davis played his final three seasons of college basketball at the University of Central Florida after transferring from Tennessee. As a redshirt senior for UCF last season, Davis averaged 12.2 points, 7.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 33.0 minutes per game en route to being named honorable mention All-American Athletic Conference. After the season, Davis participated in the 2018 Portsmouth Invitational Tournament, where he averaged 10.7 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 24.3 minutes per game.
Davis is the son of former NBA All-Star Antonio Davis.
The Blue Coats return to action on Friday night at the Capital City Go-Go. The team will host the Grand Rapids Drive on Saturday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. Both games tip off at 7:00 PM.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 7, 2019
- Johnson-Odom Breaks Wolves Single-Season Scoring Record in Road Loss to Red Claws - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Come Back to Beat Wolves - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Snaps Windy City's Three-Game Winning Streak, Beats Bulls 127-118 - Windy City Bulls
- Allen Tabs Triple-Double as Knicks Beat Bulls, 127-118 - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire A.J. Davis - Delaware Blue Coats
- Stars Earn Win over Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
- Wisconsin's Late Effort Not Enough to Overcome Santa Cruz - Wisconsin Herd
- Hustle Drop Second Game of Back-To-Back to Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Doral Moore from Memphis Hustle
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Matt Lilly Promoted to Blue Coats General Manager
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Xavier Munford from Wisconsin Herd
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Julian Washburn from Austin Spurs