Defenseman Otto Leskinen Loaned to KalPa Kuopio
MONTREAL - Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced today that the team has agreed on the loan of defenseman Otto Leskinen to KalPa Kuopio in the Finnish Liiga, for the start of the 2020-21 season. Leskinen is expected to report for Montreal & Laval training camps for the 2020-21 season.
Leskinen, 23, made his NHL debut in 2019-20 and played five games with the Canadiens. The left-handed defenseman did not record a point during his stint in the NHL, but he established himself in his first season in the AHL with 22 points (2 goals, 20 assists) in 57 games with the Laval Rocket. Leskinen sported Kuopio's colors between 2015 and 2019, producing 11 goals and 44 assists in 178 games. He led Kuopio's defensemen when he totaled 31 points (8 goals, 23 assists) in his final season in Finland before agreeing with the Canadiens on a two-year entry contract.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from August 3, 2020
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke - Colorado Eagles
- Wild Sign Center Jarrett Burton - Iowa Wild
- Defenseman Otto Leskinen Loaned to KalPa Kuopio - Laval Rocket
- Alex Belzile's Road to the Pros - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Laval Rocket Stories
- Laval Rocket Agree to Terms on One-Year Contracts with Forward Pascal Aquin and Defenseman Tobie Bisson
- Rocket Agree to Terms on a One-Year, One-Way AHL Contract with Forward Kevin Lynch
- Defenseman Otto Leskinen Loaned to KalPa Kuopio
- Alex Belzile's Road to the Pros
- Laval Rocket Agrees to Terms on a One-Year Contract with Defenseman Nathanael Halbert